bonjour Avions anciens
From an old "Les ailes" 1946

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 217
Thank you, hesham and toura. The clips from Les Ailes are most interesting. From the fact that they came from a 1946 issue and the way the text is phrased, it seems that the V.10 must have survived the war. I wonder what became of it subsequently?

From an old "Aviation Française"

Attachments

• duv.jpg
    duv.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 227
always old paper..."aviation magazine"

Attachments

• grei.jpg
    grei.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 197
More on the Duverne-Saran bimoteur from, I think, an issue of l'Aéro dating from the 1930s.

Attachments

• duverne-saran.jpg
    duverne-saran.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 389
More on the Volland V.10 from l'Aéro of 29 May 1936.

Attachments

• volland.jpg
    volland.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 899
Ah, I've now found the article, which appeared in l'Avion (date unknown), from which the earlier photographs of the Peitz Avionette came.

Attachments

• L'avion 1.jpg
    L'avion 1.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 808
  • L'avion 2.jpg
    L'avion 2.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 712
Another obscure French aeroplane from the 1930s, this time the Peyret-Nessler parasol wing monoplane.

Attachments

• peyret-nessler.jpg
    peyret-nessler.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 673
avion ancien said:
......and finally - for the present - the Botali-Mandelli biplane. I have a little information about this diminutive single seater, including the name of the gentlemen standing proudly before it. I think that he is either the eponymous M. Botali or M. Mandelli, its designer and pilot.

There was a Botali 350hp long-distance aircraft with diesel engine, answering the same program as the Bernard 86 and Wibault 368. The aircraft was never completed. (Source: Records français de distance by Jean Liron.)
I have never seen a picture or drawing of this aircraft, additional info is welcome.

Hi,

here is the Guillemin JG.40,JG.41 and JG.42 drawings.

Attachments

• Guillemin.JPG
    Guillemin.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 489
From Avions No. 127, a little-known prototype identified as the "Fellot Lacour" [F-PJCV], christened "L'ancêtre" (the ancestor), though the spelling is apparently unsure.

Attachments

• Fellot Lacour [F-PJCV].jpg
    Fellot Lacour [F-PJCV].jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 183
Also from Avions No. 127, the n°01 (and probably sole example) René Lemaire I [F-PPPN].

Attachments

• René Lemaire I n°01 [F-PPPN].jpg
    René Lemaire I n°01 [F-PPPN].jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 170
Apparently the Lemaire 01 (F-PPPN) is held in the reserve collection of Espace Air Passion at Angers-Marcé (see http://www.musee-aviation-angers.fr/collections/avions-et-voilures-tournantes/). I'll try to remember to enquire about it when next I'm there. In the meantime, here are some clearer pictures of it.

hesham said:
is the Guillemin JG.40,JG.41 and JG.42 drawings.

A beautiful photo of the Guillemin JG.40:

Attachments

• Guillemin_JG_40_large.jpg
    Guillemin_JG_40_large.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 158
toura said:
always old paper..."aviation magazine"

It's been a while since this post, I admit, but it's neat that this old design is exactly within the current French microlight limit of 300kg gross weight.

avion ancien said:
Apparently the Lemaire 01 (F-PPPN) is held in the reserve collection of Espace Air Passion at Angers-Marcé (see http://www.musee-aviation-angers.fr/collections/avions-et-voilures-tournantes/). I'll try to remember to enquire about it when next I'm there. In the meantime, here are some clearer pictures of it.

Absolutely fantastic pics and that link is worth following. I have never seen a museum with such an interesting collection of unusual and homebuilt light planes. You could make a book of oddball configurations and prototypes just from that one collection. I've have to make a point to get over there next summer.

Drawing of the Richard-Penhoët 2, from the Spanish magazine Aérea, April 1924.

Attachments

• richard-penhoët_2_plan_Aérea_011_p17.jpg
    richard-penhoët_2_plan_Aérea_011_p17.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 146
Tophe said:
Still in this Trait d'Union #217 is the wonderful tandem-wing Lachassagne family and also:
"Jacques Lagarde designed in 1936 with Richard a project of transoceanic airplane with 'controlled lift'. The wing featured (uneasy to translate!) 'des volets de courbure commandés par des girouettes Constantin' controlling Cz in flight. Span 62m Length 40m Total weight 105t with 15t load Power 15,600hp total Max speed 440km/h Range 8000km. The same Lagarde designed the Millet-Lagarde ML.10 twin-boomer after 1945."

And here is from Aerophile magazine.

Attachments

• Lagarde-1.JPG
    Lagarde-1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 322
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 290
Hi C 460
From "aviation magazine

Attachments

• rp 2 2.jpg
    rp 2 2.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 589
  • rp 2 1.jpg
    rp 2 1.jpg
    823.2 KB · Views: 675
For readers that don't speak French, the subtitle says it all.

Courte histoire d'un "veau-marin"

"Veau" literally means calf (from which we get the English word veal) but when applied to a vehicle it means something gutless and without power, so "veau-marin" means "sea calf" and may be a pun on "sous-marin" or submarine. It is also reminiscent of "vache de mer" or "sea cow" (manatee) also probably not the name you'd choose for a new flying boat.

cluttonfred said:
"Veau" literally means calf (from which we get the English word veal) but when applied to a vehicle it means something gutless and without power, so "veau-marin" means "sea calf" and may be a pun on "sous-marin" or submarine. It is also reminiscent of "vache de mer" or "sea cow" (manatee) also probably not the name you'd choose for a new flying boat.

Absolutely, Matthew! And allow me to translate the header, which gives a little more background to this being a "sea calf"...

"In Europe during the 1920s, and especially in France, the commercial future of aviation seemed to be with flying boats. Ideas sprouted everywhere, and financiers followed it all very closely. The pathetic Saint-Raphaël competition of 1925 had hardly tempered even the wildest enthusiasm. Despite some big problems with motorisation, one kept building ever bigger and heavier machines, most often to the detriment of the most elementary aerodynamic features. The short history of the extremely rare RP.2 is a good example of this."

Here is the 100-kilo tailless aircraft proposal by G.-C. Richard. I don't think this was actually built.

Attachments

• avion Richard de 100 kilos, 1933.jpg
    avion Richard de 100 kilos, 1933.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 464
The Nicolas-Claude NC-111:

Attachments

• Nicolas-Claude NC-111.jpg
    Nicolas-Claude NC-111.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 441
Hi,

from Les Ailes journal,the designer Pierre Bazoin created two aircraft projects,the
first was tourist aircraft with inverse "M" shape,and the second was a six-engined
huge transatlantic flying boat in a weird configuration.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6560495x/f7.image

Attachments

• Bazoin-1.JPG
    Bazoin-1.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Bazoin-2.JPG
    Bazoin-2.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,064
Hi Hesham
I don't know the ROUSSEL 10. THANKS
and always from some old "aviation magazine"
the Roussel 20 and 40

Attachments

• kkro.jpg
    kkro.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 212
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 172
One could imagine that if times were kinder, the Roussel 40 might have been developed into a fine little turbo jet powered executive aeroplane. Shades of the SIPA Minijet, perhaps?

Hi Hasan
We continue with little know plane....
from "aviation magazine"

Attachments

• vizcaya.jpg
    vizcaya.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 520
hesham said:
Hi,

from Les Ailes journal,the designer Pierre Bazoin created two aircraft projects,the
first was tourist aircraft with inverse "M" shape,and the second was a six-engined
huge transatlantic flying boat in a weird configuration.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6560495x/f7.image

index.php

With regards as to the transatlantic flying boat, was it intended as a WIG (Wing In Ground effect) design, do you think?

Hi Grey havoc

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

and Sema 10 and 12

Attachments

• sema1.jpg
    sema1.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 448
  • sema 2.jpg
    sema 2.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 404
  • sema3.jpg
    sema3.jpg