Various Ekranoplane and WIG projects

After searching a bit, I found a mention of the Ekranoplane Carrier here:

I suppose more info can be dug out of the references to the paper.
The Carrier is Bartini project A-2500

I think WiGs have lots of merit and value, both for military as well as commercial applications. Its too bad the US does not look to develop LO-type Wigs for amphibious assault missions, operating in salt water could the issue but composites could solve that, maybe, not an expert in this area?

After searching a bit, I found a mention of the Ekranoplane Carrier here:

I suppose more info can be dug out of the references to the paper.
The Carrier is Bartini project A-2500
Oh, found a reference on the forum:

Is that an actual scan from the book?

Looks like a mix of a KM airframe with four NK-12M for cruising for the ASW patrol role.
Given it looks a cross between the KM and Orlyonok in features, I'd say this was a late 1960s proposal.

What was this ?,I found it in this forum under the topic name ESKA-1 !.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 95
From A Russian book,forgive me,I can't remember its name now.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.png
    2.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.png
    3.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.png
    4.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.png
    5.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.png
    6.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 7.png
    7.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 8.png
    8.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 9.png
    9.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 10.png
    10.png
    134 KB · Views: 45
  • 11.png
    11.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 12.png
    12.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 44
The Ekranoplan Orion-25 has been tested in February this year.

06AA14E6-62DA-463C-B398-A38C7D082D8A.jpeg

And here is a short video of it.

View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYkvvi9xnE

Hi to All!

Does anybody has this book?

"Jane's Surface Skimmers - Volume 15-1982"

If positive, please send me a personal message. Thanks in advance!

Hugs!

Attachments

• 41A1GKQ43TL.jpg
    41A1GKQ43TL.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 55
Hi to all!
WIG of second generation
More info www.palio.ru/airfoilboat.htm
Is that a lifting body fore-end? weird!

Here a photo of Russia's Aeroprogress T-752 Shtyk
Aesthetically pleasing, I like the V-tails. Would be very interesting to compare that to a combat helicopter, as it seems the current flight models don't hover much anymore. Leaves them too vulnerable to incoming fire.

Great, there goes ANOTHER one of my great concepts to someone else! I swear it's telepathy :)

Actually I'm glad to see someone ELSE thought of using the Burnellie "Wing-fuselage" in a WIG configuration.

Randy
You've never seen the Bartini-Beriev VVA? Fat center fuselage with real wings on the outside, intended to be a VTOL-capable sub hunter!

Have never seen a WIGE with that much forward sweep before...

^^nice! 500 hp V8 engine and 344 miles range.
I guess a Diesel would also be possible and i.m.o even better not only from fuel economy/range point of view!
Better for safety, too. Diesel fumes are not explosive like gasoline fumes are!

I'm wondering if the great desire for reduced carbon emissions in the aircraft industry would allow for trans-oceanic WIGE craft to replace passenger aircraft?

I doubt it would be very popular.
Take a touring flight at your local airport while enjoying summer and ask your pilot for a 500ft altitude (if he is allowed) or 1000. Enjoy the ride and report here your comment on the above post ;)

Attachments

• PAI 67 Perspectiva.JPG
    PAI 67 Perspectiva.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi,

anther Alekseev Ekranoplane project.

Do you have information on this one?

Kasatka (Orca) patrol WIG

Hi,

anther Alekseev Ekranoplane project.

It was in a nice idea to use the tail mast to also mount radar in addition of rudders, this would save some weight and drag. This ekranoplan (surface gliding) boat looks to be drawn using Alexeyev's own style. Also, Ekranoplane I consider to be not an accurate translation. In Russian, that was spelled "EkranoPLAN" (screen gliding) not "EkranoSAMOLET" (screens plane). So I suggest removing the e. In the original language the plan was not for aircraft, as it would be "samolet" in that case. Also, plus, there are evidence that Alexeyev's development of Ekranoplan was a sucessor to his numerous fast boats and hydrofoil projects over the mid 20th century, and I've saw a drawing of what preceded the Ekranoplan: a hydrofoil boat with propellers above water and the hull shaped like an airfoil. which is increasingly adopting new concepts in reducing drag for a ship.

Doesn't mention Wigs specifically but it could.

Little known Ekranoplane ?.
The item describes it as a "rotoplane" called the "Premier-2000".
The designation "Ku-717" makes me think it could be a design by Anatoliy Kuzmin, who previously built an experimental prototype designated the Ku-17 Courier, but it's only a hypothesis.