• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Queen Elizabeth Class (CVF) development

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Future fitting of even electromagnetic cats would probably result in the removal of the ski ramp which is unlikely to happen and they seem to be wedded to AEW and anti submarine activities being rotary winged. Allowing for the future use of autonomous units imho means that the RN is probably joined at the hip with an all VSTOL aviation group. Not entirely convinced myself but the writing is on the wall tbh.

Rhinocrates

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
For as long as copyright isn't enforced.

Found the first ep in much higher resolution by the usual nontraditional means. I do not endorse etc. Presumably the next two will show up soon - what wicked people there are.

uk 75

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Watching the vid of the first F35s on a UK CV is pretty neat even after what I wrote above.

Hood

Reaction score
The series of CVF configuration studies published in the conference paper, Warship '97 International Symposium: Air Power at Sea, I posted back in 2012 have been lost to time.
I seem to have lost my original scans but fortunately the document still survives in the library so I took some phone camera pics I have re-attached here. I will make some better scans in due course.

Attachments

Hood

Reaction score
Another early CVF concept, the 'wordy' bits of the presentation and an early CVF concept island for integrated full electric propulsion (IFEP).

Attachments