NHIndustries NH90

So. They volunteer to re-assemble them in the glory name of Airbus. But would there be any pilots to volunteer for the reception flights also?

The irrational world of the Taipan needs to be put to the ground. If you weren't yet convinced, this should do.

Last edited:
The F111s were buried because they poisoned the mechs who worked on them. Look up the cancer saga of those guys. Shameful reading.
Yes, jet fuel, Mil-H-5606A "cherry juice" hydraulic fluid, brake cleaner, etc are all known carcinogens.

That it is irrational:
- to claim the Taipan was not retired because of reliability issues, like the Tiger will be.
- to claim volunteers could rebuild fully disassembled airframe in-time and quality wise for Ukraine forces.

I don't see also what is the link with Australians honour. I am not from Australia, so you might know better. But they do fly a lot of airframe, including legendary ones that stood for long, that all across the globe, reliably. The RAAF saved the MRTT program for example.

That it is irrational:
- to claim the Taipan was not retired because of reliability issues, like the Tiger will be.
There were multiple issues and yes reliability was one but the primary one, IMHO (though based upon appropriate knowledge), is that there are certain senior Army Aviation officers who never wanted the MRH90/Tiger (they wanted Blackhawks/Apaches) 20yrs ago and now those same officers are un senior positions to do something. Some of the things I have seen on this front in the last 12 - 24mths should be subject to criminal investigations!
- to claim volunteers could rebuild fully disassembled airframe in-time and quality wise for Ukraine forces.
These are technicians and the like who worked on these exact airframes in recent years. They are not amateurs.
I don't see also what is the link with Australians honour. I am not from Australia, so you might know better.
The honour is related to the dishonourable way our Army and Political leaders have treated the Ukrainian requests, including even further activities in the last few weeks. It is shameful!

Some of the items in the following story are starting to highlight the issues :

And for some context, the Senator David Fawcett in the article is actually a former Australian Army Aviation helicopter pilot.

Of your Senator.

I am sure plenty would like to see more similar resumes in Europe and France

Last edited:
I have no problem with Sen Fawcett’s performance on this issue. What the Army/Govt has done to Ukraine here is disgusting

Russians under Putin rule are doing the disgusting things. No need to whip an entire set of democratically elected governmental officials or long serving military members.

Last edited:
Some of the items in the following story are starting to highlight the issues :

And for some context, the Senator David Fawcett in the article is actually a former Australian Army Aviation helicopter pilot.
More on this - watch until the end:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=hhYCEWZZORUWnktP&v=gn2uO-UxlCY&feature=youtu.be

Russians under Putin rule are doing the disgusting things. No need to whip an entire set of democratically elected governmental officials or long serving military members.
If said members of military and/or Government are lying, as I believe is the case here (in fact I suspect it is the military lying to the ministers who should thus also be angry), then they should be punished. That is part of what it means to be in a democratic, open society that believes in fair justice.

Pathetic. "Qui veut noyer son chien, l'accuse d'avoir la rage". That translates as: "He who want to drawn a good dog, says - he has rabbies."

From link above:

On Friday Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy told reporters the Taipans were no longer in flying condition and would require a huge expenditure of time and resources to get them back.

"The best value for money option for the Commonwealth was to sell the spare parts and dispose of the rest of the asset, and I'll refer you to what the Ukrainian ambassador said: It's time to move on."

I would suggest we do as well.

Yes they have been asking both informally and formally since at least September/October. I can even share a copy their formal request.
Copy not necessary, the fact that they have formally asked for new helos is good enough.

I assume all of "new-NATO"/former-WARPACT are working on trades to swap whatever Soviet hardware they still have for new H60s?

I know both LTGEN Simon Stuart and MAJGEN Jeremy King and I find it both extremely disappointing and infuriating for them to be continually taking the line that they are here. I believe they are being fed BS from others and they are now continuing the 'story' rather than doing the right thing:

View: https://youtu.be/OP3TeDd25SY?si=WvbBxi2Kd0E394Yk

I agree it's probably 'BS' but maybe it IS the 'right thing' and easiest way of saying so :/