• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Unbuilt, experimental and unusual Boeing 747s

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
Not going with the original concept arguably cost Boeing quite a few customers in the long term, especially given how the market evolved.

EDIT: From the article;

Last edited:

carsinamerica

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
747 8F freighter concept (some antenna seem to have their location change)

I wonder when in the process Boeing decided to change the size and position of the horizontal stabilizer on the 747-8. I've never seen anything about a design change, but the ACAPS documentation shows a different span and a different overhang beyond the fuselage.

isayyo2

Lurker alert
Reaction score
747 Advanced Tanker/Oversized Cargo Aircraft "ATOCA"

A growth version of the -200F competing in the ATCA program against the KC-10; the flight deck would have been raised 48 inches and be provided with a new large cargo door and improved tanker boom. It seems like it was proposed to supplement the C-5 or potentially replace it if the repair program failed, truly a shame it was not adopted.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.31.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.31.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.31.57 PM.png

Wyvern

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Hopefully this website might help:

It also includes other unbuilt variants and projects like the Cruise Missile Carrier Aircraft (CMCA), the Airborne Aircraft Carrier (AAC), the KC-33, etc.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score

Doc available below

Attachments

Last edited:

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Reaction score

Doc available below
Hello,
I post here some of my illustrations that I published in Le Fana de l'Aviation a few years ago on the same topic. Sorry, I do not remember the article reference (it was in French). We chose to depict only 1 potential fighter configuration among many.
Regards
Alain

Attachments