Su-30, Su-33, Su-34 and Su-35 News thread, pictures and discussion

Read something on spacebattles

I was under impression the Egyptian Su-35 story was a fake. Or Is this the case of Tom Cooper doing his usually thing ?

WTF. That Rafale vs Su-35 story was proven to be fake yet Tom are willing to swallow and regurgitate that story again now with his own spin on the matter.

The hell happen with the guy nowadays ?

I know the guy always had a bad rap. Especially his work on Iran-Iraq conflict which he got called out for making bluntly shit up or taking any rumor and passing it of as fact. Along with his tall claims being in certain places and doing certain stuff he never actually done.

Guy is a farce and has been for years. He literally tried to argue the VKS had no reco capability in Syria because they did not bring Su-24MPR. I'll let you think about that brilliant piece of logic for a second.

Also when Tula presented a target sheet for Pantsir operations in Syria (including balloons shot down) he tried to argue that they must have shot down their own Russian aerostat....since apparently he wasn't aware Syrian rebels routinely used balloons to loft bombs over.

Yet there are still "observer" quoting that story, creating a circular reference.
---------

Anyway.. will Kh-69 be integrated with Su-30 family ?

Wonder if these could be transferred to Turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

There are "sanctions", and sanctions. Turkey is under "sanctions" for the time being, they could get considerably worse if it were to make such a move. Currently, only a select few Turkish agencies and individuals are on the list, which can (and have been, AFAIK) easily circumvented. This status can be considered a largely symbolic gesture, a carefully calibrated slap on the wrist which allows sufficiently important deals to go ahead regardless.

Definitely - you could be forgiven for wondering if CAATSA isn't a market research device for Boeing, first Indonesia and now Egypt. See who's ordering Su-35s, threaten sanctions & offer F-15s as a replacement :D I guess the implicit endorsement that the Su-35, given the choice, would apparently be the preferred option, is cold comfort for Sukhoi.

looks like that video got deleted. too bad
at least Alert5 has a screenshot

Screenshot-2022-05-27-at-08-30-55-2-%D0%A4%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%8B-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B%D1%88%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B8-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8B-%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%B4%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%8B-YouTube.png

Looks to be an su-35 slinging three r-77-1 missiles at around sixty kilometers. Note the PESA on swash plate capability as the fighter is able to turn far away from the target while still presumably sending early guidance correction to the missiles.

I remember a footage of that pylon from Ukraine war a month or two back as well. I asked ground crews around displayed Su-35S at MAKS-2019 about that pylon and asked whether it was just a prototype. They said no and and that it has been around for a while and somewhat frequently used.

Another dozen MKI's on order?

So where is the USA CAATSA?

India have Su-30MKI production license iirc. I'm not sure if CAATSA can be applied to product that the santion targeted country already acquiring production license.

I remember a footage of that pylon from Ukraine war a month or two back as well. I asked ground crews around displayed Su-35S at MAKS-2019 about that pylon and asked whether it was just a prototype. They said no and and that it has been around for a while and somewhat frequently used.
Interesting, somehow they thought photographing Su-35 with those pylon in exercise is not necessary. I know many people when saw those pylon on the ground thinking the pylon only for theoritical load.

As ususal with US foreign politics, double standards are the norm.

India have Su-30MKI production license iirc. I'm not sure if CAATSA can be applied to product that the santion targeted country already acquiring production license.
More over I think the US will wink-wink/nudge-nudge on CAATSA issues when it comes to a member of 'The Quad'. I don't think India is getting F-35s any time soon but I suspect it will get exemptions on most anything else.

More over I think the US will wink-wink/nudge-nudge on CAATSA issues when it comes to a member of 'The Quad'. I don't think India is getting F-35s any time soon but I suspect it will get exemptions on most anything else.
A reminder to all that the US has been courting India heavily to counter China; double standards are not surprising at all...

The latest speculation about the future of Russia-Iran defense relations is that Tehran might procure Russian Su-35 Flanker fighter jets in return for supplying Moscow with various types of its indigenously-produced drones.

On Aug. 2, an open-source intelligence Twitter account cited unofficial sources claiming that “Iran has sent the first batch of UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) to Russia for field testing.”
While it could not independently verify this claim, the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) think tank noted it “is consistent with recent reports that Tehran and Moscow are pursuing greater aviation cooperation in order to circumvent international sanctions on Russia and Iran and support Russian operations in Ukraine.”

“If true, this claim suggests that Iran may be receiving Russian Su-35 aircraft in return for the drones, which could have been part of an agreement signed by Moscow and Tehran on July 26,” ISW added.

That's an heavy geopolitical bargain for a minor tactical gain. I wonder how Russian politicians will see through that.

I have problem with ISW's... as this institute doesnt really seem to have means to verify things by themselves despite calling themselves "institute" and considering various "news" on Iran-Russia deal like that one of "Iran air defense to Russia". I definitely take this Su-35-drone news with mountain of salt.

I have problem with ISW's... as this institute doesnt really seem to have means to verify things by themselves despite calling themselves "institute" and considering various "news" on Iran-Russia deal like that one of "Iran air defense to Russia". I definitely take this Su-35-drone news with mountain of salt.
I don’t know it doesn’t seem that an unlikely a possibility.

The sale of Egyptian Su-35s to Iran? Sure. Drones in return? I doubt it. For whatever reason, Russia was embarrassingly late to the UAV party (while Iran was commendably proactive), but nowadays they do produce a decent range of perfectly usable models. What can Iran offer that Russia does not already make itself, between the ZALA 421-family, the Orlans, license-built Forposts and Inokhodets? Sure, recent sanctions might lead to difficulties in certain subsystems (engines/EO), but Iran is similarly cut off, so is what they produce indigenously truly better than what Russia could source domestically? I'm just not seeing what problem it could solve, to be frank.

IMHO chances are this'll turn out like those Chinese arms supplies that were speculated on early in the war. I'll believe it when we see evidence on the actual battlefield.

Last edited:
Talking on Egyptian Su-35, isn't Egypt already sending pilot to Russia for training? I remember read it somewhere before.