Well, they got my message and banned that bear.

:)
We got Slender Man instead:

Calling Blumhouse Productions…

After the noisy Brexit, a silent Greco/Latin Exodus that won't say its name. :rolleyes:
I regret not the decision but the way taking down an opportunity to learn something is now an excuse for tearing down the most simple things.
Intellect builds itself from challenges.

Yes we must have more Latin to debase the language.
How awful that English exists at all, surely everyone prefers other languages.....

Well it is for those so enthralled by continental ideas.

Well, English youth across the world don't have as much opportunities to build an understanding of a foreign language as others do. You could even say that English is the equivalent of Latin for non-English speaker. There is every day a new word to learn for them, via the media, the reading etc...

Early language learning is fundamental for how children will feel confident in abording new domains during their education, particularly Mathematics. It's helpful when their mental reconstruction of language codes is devoid of simple inheritance (this why girls are often more at ease with early mathematics as, most languages being inherently misogynistic, girls have to reconstruct their real selves through their available vocabulary).
To make it short, understanding how a language is structured and different from others develops the cognitive potential at an early stage. Those little bits of exercises like reading and understanding a few words on a coin and being taught what it is and comes from have a role in this.

Obviously, today you have internet, gaming etc... But do we really want that to be it all?

Sigh.
It's a coin. Who ever reads the damn things anyway?
And before the Covid crisis yet the government was merrily planning for a cashless society in the not too far future. What then a hologram of Charles' mugshot on my credit card and the Latin inscription of "Hinc sonum venerari regem tuum te indignum vassallum" engraved on it?

Sigh.
It's a coin. Who ever reads the damn things anyway?
And before the Covid crisis yet the government was merrily planning for a cashless society in the not too far future. What then a hologram of Charles' mugshot on my credit card and the Latin inscription of "Hinc sonum venerari regem tuum te indignum vassallum" engraved on it?

Hence the sound of honoring your king, you are an unworthy vassal

You cheeky bastage! ;)