GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
My deepest condolences.

Queen Elizabeth waz a true pillar not only for UK but for the whole Europe, she was part of of our life's history, even for me as Italian.
She was a true example of dedition and rectitude, she was measured and sober, two rare qualities in such harsh times.

We will miss you Elizabeth, godspeed and God save the (new) King.

For some reason this is what most strongly comes to mind upon hearing the news,

There has been much solemnity and seriousness in the Queen's life - but as she reaches her 96th birthday, what has often been overlooked is her sense of humour.
"Laughing things off has been an important survival technique," says royal historian Robert Lacey.
The Queen's well-developed "sense of the absurd" has been a vital private outlet from such a highly choreographed public life, where she often has to remain straight-faced, he says.
"She obviously takes her job seriously - but at the same time, it doesn't stop her having a sense of the ridiculous," Mr Lacey says.
The Duke of Sussex, after last week's flying visit to the UK, singled out his grandmother's "great sense of humour" as her best quality.

That's what people want in their lives: constancy, stability and a willingness to do what needs to be done. Queen Elizabeth II did this. And she is called Queen Mother. Her identity is directly linked to the people. Her face appears on coins and paper currency.

I admit to not really paying all that much attention to matters of the British Royal Family.

Yet she was a constant stabilizing presence, while Britain and the world changed year by year she always remained.

The embodiment of an Institution, a pillar of British culture and society. And she had the skills, ethic and eloquence to truly make a name for herself and do her nation and its people proud.

She will be mourned.

An itinerary of the day's events.

I was born in 1955. My father in 1925 so Queen Elizabeth was his fourth monarch.
Noone alive today is likely to see another queen of the UK until the 22nd Century assuming Charles the Third is followed by William the Fifth and George the Seventh.
Queens have been evenly spread: Elizabeth the First (16c) Anne (17c) Victoria (19c).
But it was the human frailty of this lady that made her beloved. She seemed to know when to be serious or light-hearted and served all her people.
Not just in the UK. It is said that without the Queen there would be no Commonwealth. Only she had the kindness and respect to link so many very different countries.

Attachments

• img_2_1662741085838~2.jpg
    img_2_1662741085838~2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 18
  • img_1_1662741070646~2.jpg
    img_1_1662741070646~2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 17
What a time to be PM.
Systemic problems everywhere.
Cost of living crisis.
Energy crisis.
Housing crisis.
Brexit troubles.
Party splits over Europe, China, COVID19, Green subsidises, etc....
Rooting out China's pernicious influence.
Bias in the media risking the democratic processes.
Industrial disputes set to become rife and enflame internal divisions.
SNP trying to break up the UK.
Consequences of COVID19.
War in Ukraine.

And as if that wasn't enough, the Queen goes and dies just as she starts the job......

I have spent quite a lot of time thinking how the Queen affected my life, she was six years into the job when I arrived on the planet so that is a fair bit. Privileged to have taken part in the silver jubilee parade in Sennelager. Amazing how vivid memories can be in such circumstances,