• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Little-Known French Projects and Prototypes

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Mr. Leon Gateu designed a tourist Biplane in 1924,powered by one 25 hp Salmson engine,and also
created a two-seat Monoplane in 1930,powered by one 45 hp engine,the later maybe remained a
Project only ?.
From Ailes 1936,

I completely confuse,here is an airplane to him,called LG.4,maybe it's the later one which I spoke
about it,but what was the early series from LG.1 to LG.3 ?.

Attachments

petebutt43@hotmail.com

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I have just purchased what may very well be only other pic of the SPAD XIX from the one in Davilla!

petebutt43@hotmail.com

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score

hesham

Reaction score
From TU 136,

this firm had unknown Projects,it was called A.A.I. or Ateliers Aeronuatiques D'Issy Les Moulineaux,and
built AA.1 as Caudron Goeland and Caudron C.800 ?.

Attachments

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
From TU 136,

this firm had unknown Projects,it was called A.A.I. or Ateliers Aeronuatiques D'Issy Les Moulineaux,and
built AA.1 as Caudron Goeland and Caudron C.800 ?.
Are you saying that the AA.1 was both a twin engine six seat transport aeroplane and a two seat glider? Nothing to this effect is contained within the TU extract.

hesham

Reaction score
Are you saying that the AA.1 was both a twin engine six seat transport aeroplane and a two seat glider? Nothing to this effect is contained within the TU extract.
No my dear Avion,

they built AA.1 as Caudron Goeland,and also they built C.800,clear.

Apophenia

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
The postwar French government nationalized the Société Anonyme des Avions Caudron, rebranding it the Ateliers Aéronautiques d'Issy-les-Moulineaux (usually referred to, rather repetitively, as the Ateliers AAI or sometimes AAIM). The name, of course, came from Caudron's plant at Issy-les-Moulineaux.

Goéland production continued postwar at the Ateliers AAI - first the C.445M, then C.448 variants. AFAIK, the designations C.448 and AA.1 were used more or less interchangeably. The Ateliers AAI was later absorbed into the Société nationale des constructions aéronautiques du nord. As a result, production versions of Raymond Jarlaud's Épervier are usually known as SNCAN C.800s or Nord C.800s.

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
Thank you, Apophenia, for your clarification. Maintenant, tout est clair!

richard B

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
From Ailes 1937,
Mr. Francois Baudot who made a flying bicycle,he also designed a transatlantic Project ?.

He patented between the wars coupled engines ,

and he was considering building a plane for transatlantic travel : The famous Paul Richard proposed a height Baudot engines aircraft in 1937 :

A little later (your advertisement) , Baudot proposes an appointment for an aircraft designer , without success : I can't find anything about a later real project .

Anyway , he built and flew in the thirties a "bicyclette aérienne".

hesham

Reaction score
From L'Auto 1942,

the engineering M. Moine,designed a 250 ton giant flying boat Project,powered by eight engines.

Apophenia

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
the engineering M. Moine,designed a 250 ton giant flying boat Project,powered by eight engines.
That would be l'Ingénieur Marcel Moine of Latécoère. Not sure about the weight, but the engine description sort of fits the Laté 150 - the four HS.24Zs being doubled HS.12Zs.

hesham

Reaction score
In Flightglobal 13/1921

they mentioned that a helicopter flight 200m only and got an accident,designed by M. Payer ?.