From Czech Museum,

here is some mysteries,for LFG & LVG companies,B.III,C.IX,E.II,E.III,P.II & P.III,who can help
to recognize them ?.

There is nothing in many German sources ?.

There is nothing in many German sources ?.

I don't know any L.F.G. BIII;CIX;EII.EIII.PII.PIII .

For L.V.G. :
BIII is the well known 1917 training biplane .
I don't know a CIX (the last "C"seems to have been the CVIII)
The only "E"seems to have been the EI
The L.V.G. PII was a CVIII with cabine . No PIII known to me

Hi,

what was the Oertz Military Monoplane I & II ?!,that's all I found..

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 12.png
    12.png
    460.8 KB · Views: 64
The D.4 of 1913 is the B.I, an unarmed trainer aircraft. The C.I had the factory designation D.4K and was merely an armed version of the D.4 (B.I).

D.XV/1 with Daimler D.III
D.XV/2 with Daimler D.IIIa
D.XV/3 with B.M.W.IIIa
D.XV/4 with Benz Bz.IIIa

The D.4 of 1913 is the B.I, an unarmed trainer aircraft. The C.I had the factory designation D.4K and was merely an armed version of the D.4 (B.I).

No,the D4 of 1913 was powered by Mercedes D.I,and D4 of 1914,was powered by Benz engine.

For the Schütte-Lanz,two projects,

They planned further development into the D.II with a more powerful 100 hp Mercedes
in-line engine was therefore canceled,it was based on D.I.

The planned further development into the D.V was abandoned because the overcompressed Mercedes D IIIavü was not available.

Last edited:
From, 46 Hannover Aircraft of WWI,

what were these two types ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 63
For the Schütte-Lanz,two projects,

They planned further development into the D.II with a more powerful 100 hp Mercedes
in-line engine was therefore canceled,it was based on D.I.

The planned further development into the D.V was abandoned because the overcompressed Mercedes D IIIavü was not available.

Now we can say about the list of this company;

C.I,C.II,D.I,D.II,D.III,D.IV,D.V,D.VI,D.VII,Dr.I,G.I,G.II,G.III.G.IV,G.V,G.VI,
Giant,R.I,R.I/II,R.I/III,Seaplane twin hull,R 27,28,29,84,85 & 86

My dear Tuizentfloot,

after you explained that,there was three Pheonix companies,and one of them was
from Germany,please can I ask you about those mysteries designations,maybe
they related to Germany one,and they called Pheonix aircraft;

- Biplane with 350 hp engine
- Monoplane (no other details)
- Type-13 recce biplane
- Fighter with rotary engine
- Parasol Fighter with rotary engine

What about Pheonix C.I.C.II,D.I,D.II,D.III,D.IV,B.I,Dr.I and KDW ?!.

Now we can say about the list of this company;

C.I,C.II,D.I,D.II,D.III,D.IV,D.V,D.VI,D.VII,Dr.I,G.I,G.II,G.III.G.IV,G.V,G.VI,
Giant,R.I,R.I/II,R.I/III,Seaplane twin hull,R 27,28,29,84,85 & 86

Of that list, we have already established that the so-called Schütte Lanz 'C.II' was a mis-identified Ago C.VIII in a non-too-reliable source.

R.27, R.28, R.29 weren't designations, they were construction numbers for Staaken R.VI bombers built by Schütte-Lanz. Likewise, R.84, R.85, and R.86 were Baunummern for Staaken R.XIVa partially completed by Schütte-Lanz (with R.84 being completed as a civil aircraft sometime after the Armistice).

What about Pheonix C.I.C.II,D.I,D.II,D.III,D.IV,B.I,Dr.I and KDW ?!.

If by 'Pheonix', you mean Phönix, then none of these are German designations - they were all Austro-Hungarian KuKLFT-assigned role designators.

The Phönix B.I was a licensed Albatros B.I. The C, D, Dr, and KDW designations were all derived from Hansa-Brandenburg designs.

More or less a crapshot, but the only dedicated source I found about Schütte-Lanz aircraft is an article in the FliegerRevue X, N°80 from 2019. It says, that, besides license productions, there also were the in-house developments of the D.I to VII, and the C.I. Then there was a break with regards to fixed wing aircraft, until early summer 1915, when the Idflieg demanded the development of an armed recce aircraft with pusher prop and a gun in the nose, because French aircraft with this layout had achieved some success. In very short time, a similar aircratf was built, powered by a 160 ho Benz III engine, showing very good speed of 160 km/h and maneuverability, but somehow disappointing climbing power. But this type was already outdated, when testing was over, so there was no series production.
No designation is explicitely mentioned, but judging the full article, it was built after the C.I, so could (!) have been the C.II, and wouldn't have been just a project then.

Last edited:
My dear Apophenia,

the C.II in Czech museum was a project,and nor related to Ago C.VIII

I didn't say that this 'C.II' was "related to" the Ago. I said that the Czech Museum "mis-identified" the Ago in their image purporting to be the Schütte Lanz 'C.II'. And, as noted before, the Czech Museum has a history with garbled information.

Perhaps the aircraft Jens describes was a "C.II" but we have no actual evidence of that. We do have evidence that the Czech Museum has 'issues' with accuracy, however.

And what of your 'Pheonix' query? Did the Phönix Flugzeugwerke explanation answer that question?

From, 15 German Seaplanes of WWI Sablatnig, Kaiserliche Werften, Lubeck-Travemunde, LTG, & Oertz.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
Interesting. This hybrid Halberstadt-Fokker has a rather more sensible looking cabane arrangement than that on the standard Fokker M 10Z.

Thank you my dear Apophenia,

and a strange thing in my files,a project for Halberstadt D.VI fighter ?!.

From Flugsport,

what was this Haschut fighter ?.

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    513.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 21.png
    21.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 22.png
    22.png
    544 KB · Views: 17
It's just a model airplane, nothing more.

Yes, the word "Gummimotor" in '21.png' should have been the tip-off.

Maveric: Any idea of the significance of that name - „Haschüt“-Eindecker? With this model having a Dresden connection, I wondered about the short-lived Haschüt motorcycle brand ... but that was Motorradbau Hans Schütze, not "Joh. Schütze".

Yes, the word "Gummimotor" in '21.png' should have been the tip-off.

Maveric: Any idea of the significance of that name - „Haschüt“-Eindecker? With this model having a Dresden connection, I wondered about the short-lived Haschüt motorcycle brand ... but that was Motorradbau Hans Schütze, not "Joh. Schütze".
Unfortunately, there are no references in the text that suggest a connection to a real aircraft or project.

The article was written by the Flugtechnische Verein Dresden, which is possible that there is a connection to real aircraft construction.