• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Dornier Project Designations

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Wurger said:
Hello guys,

many thanks for your contributions :D!

The Dornier P.350 reference was taken from Manfred Griehl`s "Jet Planes of the Third Reich". The newest list was taken from Volker Koos`s "Dornier, von den Anfängen bis 1945". This author is always well fundamented, so perhaps that suggestion, Hesham, relates to another medium bomber in that same series. I cannot tell you more.

Do guys have more data on this projects? I will post what I have in the "Early Secret Projects". See you there! Meanwhile, every new project is welcome here too ;).
Definitely it was a misprint and they meant P.250 ?,the series 300 was appeared after WWII.

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Do P.350 Heavy night-fighter
It's still no more Info or drawing ?.
This is the only known mention of the Do 350 in any surviving wartime document - from the war diary of the Chef TLR (effectively the RLM's development section at this time). Given the timing, which coincides neatly with the 2-TL-Jaeger, aka Nacht- und Schlechtwetterjaeger competition, I would guess that this is the official RLM designation for the Do P 256. More details of this competition, entirely based on contemporary documents, are given in my book Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe Volume 1: Jet Fighters 1939-1945.

Do 350.jpg

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Thank you my dear Dan,

and as I expected before,it's Do.350 and not Do P.350,and who was the tenders ?.