In my files,

Bleriot designed a flying boat Project,it was never mentioned in this forum or the book; Docavia 63 - Bleriot Aeronautique

During next days,I will figure out the source with details.

2- In 1934,Bleriot submitted a Proposal Project for a flying boat/seaplane south transatlantic
competition (Phase II),but it had a mystery designation ?,it was a four engined high-wing
flying boat.

It had 20 ton weight and 320 km/h estimated speed.

Les Paquebots Volants,Les hydravions transocéaniques français

From TU magazine and Docavia book,

the Bleriot-100.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.png
    2.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 101
Hi all
I've found this model of Bleriot's studies !
This come from a museum in SURESNES 92150 fRANCE

Do you know more ! I don't have explanation !!!

1609268133211.png

Hi all

View attachment 647411
I truly doubt it is a 125 model. If so, they went back to the drawing board after this test

Hi all

View attachment 647411
I truly doubt it is a 125 model. If so, they went back to the drawing board after this test
In the book L'envol du XXème siècle, Blériot-Aéronautique (Louis Blériot, Docavia Editions Larivière n°63, 2010) page 139, the text gives 9 wind tunnel models from 1924 to 1929 for the Blériot 125 (from I to IX, with one twin engines and one three engines variants for the V and one A and one B variants for the VIII). As the only twin engined models, the twin engined model V (1924) or one of the two twin engined model VIII (1928) could be our model. Because of the year it's maybe more the twin engined V.

But,

we can see a very slightly different Blériot 125 wind tunnel model here (alas, without model number too):

Une Histoire d'Homme IV | Sale n°1887 | Lot n°161 | Artcurial

Maybe our first wind model tunnel and this other wind tunnel model are the VIIIA and VIIIB (without to know which is A and which is B...)

Last edited:
Hi all

View attachment 647411
In the book L'envol du XXème siècle, Blériot-Aéronautique (Louis Blériot, Docavia Editions Larivière n°63, 2010) page 139, the text gives 9 wind tunnel models from 1924 to 1929 for the Blériot 125 (from I to IX, with one twin engines and one three engines variants for the V and one A and one B variants for the VIII). As the only twin engined models, the twin engined model V (1924) or one of the two twin engined model VIII (1928) could be our model. Because of the year it's maybe more the twin engined V.

But,

we can see a very slightly different Blériot 125 wind tunnel model here (alas, without model number too):

Une Histoire d'Homme IV | Sale n°1887 | Lot n°161 | Artcurial

Maybe our first wind model tunnel and this other wind tunnel model are the VIIIA and VIIIB (without to know which is A and which is B...)
The model sold well imho.
Very good.
So we now know there were 9 different variants at least in the tunnel.
Interestingly ONERA puts the 125 in the tunnel in 1931.
Did they have their own tunnel?

20200229-006.jpg

The model sold well imho.
Very good.
So we now know there were 9 different variants at least in the tunnel.
Interestingly ONERA puts the 125 in the tunnel in 1931.
Did they have their own tunnel?

View attachment 647525

ONERA was created in 1946 from other entities, including the Etablissement d'Expériences Techniques (EET) d'Issy-les-Moulineaux (near Paris)

The number 249/D 2012 ZN 85 12 shows us that the Blériot 125 was tested in the "little" wind tunnel of the EET.

In my files,

Bleriot designed a flying boat Project,it was never mentioned in this forum or the book; Docavia 63 - Bleriot Aeronautique

Here it's,from TU 236.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 41
In my files,

Here it's,from TU 236.

I think that was taken the 400 series,and maybe it was Bleriot-450 ?.

Last edited:
Hi,

During the 1930s, Bleriot design a very strange aircraft,it was a single seat monoplane
fighter with forward swept wing and powered by one engine,it had a very smooth or
very flat fuselage,a twin tail fins and no rear wing.

This concept could be from 1934,and maybe was given the
designation Bleriot-380 ?,need confirm of course.

From Avions 50.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.png
    2.png
    774.5 KB · Views: 50
Artwork of the Bleriot 5190 by Paul Lengelle from the 1986 Aviation Week and Space Technology Calendar

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zBleriot 5190 Santos Dumont.jpg
    zBleriot 5190 Santos Dumont.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Hi,

also during early 1920s,Bleriot developed a twin engined large cabin monoplane
Project,based on Model-1016Z.

Hi,

Blériot and the drop cabin: During the 1920s, the insufficient engine reliability leads manufacturers to imagine drop-cabin formulas for transport devices commercial called to fly over the seas. In 1924/1925, Blériot imagined a monoplane aircraft with a seagull wing, perhaps derived from studies by type 1016Z, equipped with such a drop cabin, placed on top of the wing. The four engines are also arranged on this wing, while a pantaloned fixed undercarriage is arranged below. The
cabin, in the shape of a boat, is very short, the rear stabilizers being carried by two lattice beams fixed to the wing at
height of the two central motors. A model was made. We
ignores the designation of this study. In parallel with the construction of the 195/2 intended for the crossing of the Atlantic, the engineer Zapatta
imagine the BZ-1. This is also a four-engine concept (2 X
2 engines in tandem) with drop cabin, at least in part. Indeed,
passengers are normally distributed in a living wing and
come to take place, in case of ditching in the part
power plant that forms a rescue boat.

Initially, the device was to have a total power of 2800 hp, weigh 25 tons for a bearing surface of 240 m2.

Subsequently, the device seems to have evolved into a smaller machine, as described in the TU.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 49
From, Revue_des_forces_aériennes 1931,

Bleriot 137 drawing

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19