• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Argentinian Unbuilt Projects

NoBarrelRolls

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Website
nobarrelrolls.blogspot.com
In my opinion, “Las Alas de Perón” has to be the most comprehensive book about the Golden age of Argentinian aviation industry.
Llevo esperando trece años a que aparezca un editor con el suficiente... "right stuff" para hacer justicia al extraordinario trabajo de Burzaco, publicando sus libros en ingles.
Tan dificil y arriesgado seria hacer una edicion en Amazon-Kindle?
Es una cuestion de ideologia?.
Que problema puede haber en publicar un trabajo tan tecnico con background historico de todos conocido? yo no he encontrado ningun obstaculo a mis publicaciones en el mundo anglosajon.
Un saludo a todos y mis respeto por los demas autores.
Well, I agree a 100% with you Justo. Maybe it should be a spanish speaking author that translates Burzaco’s works into english

Last edited:

Erdosain

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I remember coming across a mention somewhere (unfortunately I don't recall the source) that there was allegedly a Pucara design study with jet engines. Does anybody have more information?

Martin
Just to confirm this, as Apophenia said in his post, the twin Astafan variant was indeed planned as a trainer. Source is from Janes All The World 74-75. Once I get my scanner up and running I'll post the GA drawing along with the small piece of text on the project.
There were three projects powered by Astafan turbojets

The first two are from 1969, when the project was still known as Delfin / Dolphin :

"A twin-jet aircraft for photography and aerial observation".

"A twin-jet aircraft for photography, observation and light transport

Both did not pass the preliminary draft stage

Then in 1970 Dr Reimar Horten presented the project of a Pucará for advanced training missions and as a replacement for the Morane Saulnier MS 760 Paris. This variante was shortened in length and span.

Obviously this project did not arouse interest in the FAA as a replacement for the Morane Saulnier MS 760 Paris used for advanced training, since it did not advance beyond the theoretical studies and preliminary calculations of weights and performances.

A note about the Pucara powered by tubojets that I wrote a few years ago. It is in Spanish:

Last edited:

Erdosain

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
In my opinion, “Las Alas de Perón” has to be the most comprehensive book about the Golden age of Argentinian aviation industry.
Llevo esperando trece años a que aparezca un editor con el suficiente... "right stuff" para hacer justicia al extraordinario trabajo de Burzaco, publicando sus libros en ingles.
Tan dificil y arriesgado seria hacer una edicion en Amazon-Kindle?
Es una cuestion de ideologia?.
Que problema puede haber en publicar un trabajo tan tecnico con background historico de todos conocido? yo no he encontrado ningun obstaculo a mis publicaciones en el mundo anglosajon.
Un saludo a todos y mis respeto por los demas autores.
I disagree, the book has a lot of inaccuracies and false legends, which unfortunately were installed in the popular imagination

There is already a book published about the FMA, by two excellent authors, backed by documentation, not stories and gossip.

There are very good pre and post work on the subject.