• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Arado Ar 234 projects and variants

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
is it me or the arado 234 C5 canopy are innacurate?

Also got to wonder why they didn't put the gondola under the C4 when it's on the original document

Hood

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
As an aside, I love how they added eyes and mouths to the outline pilots. Completely unnecessary but a neat touch that shows someone took the time.

newsdeskdan

Reaction score
As an aside, I love how they added eyes and mouths to the outline pilots. Completely unnecessary but a neat touch that shows someone took the time.
Off topic, I know, but if you liked that, have a look at this section of a BV 238 Land (BV 250) drawing.

BV 238 Land.jpg

And here is the close-up. The guy on the left of the top row looks like, though tiny, he might even have been sketched to resemble a real person:

BV 238 Land close up.jpg

That little guy:

BV 238 Land guy.jpg

Avimimus

Reaction score
I've heard from someone that a WB-151 based gunpack (used on the Ar-234 night fighter experiment) was also designed to be fitted to the Ar-234B for daytime use (and may have even been used). Is there any actual evidence for this?

I know that Arado flirted repeatedly with the idea of a forward firing armament for an armed recon variant in their early design studies, again with several C-variant proposals, and then with some of the follow-on projects... so it seems somewhat plausible.

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score

ArmchairSamurai

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Off topic, I know, but if you liked that, have a look at this section of a BV 238 Land (BV 250) drawing.

View attachment 628670

And here is the close-up. The guy on the left of the top row looks like, though tiny, he might even have been sketched to resemble a real person:

View attachment 628671

That little guy:

View attachment 628673
Hello newsdeskdan, this is definitely off-topic, and I do not normally comment on posts, but your post is most intriguing; therefore I must ask, where did you find this drawing? That's the best quality draft of the BV 238-Land I have yet seen.

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
From, Flieger Revue Extra 84,

a strange 3-view to Arado Ar.234 night fighter Project ?,I can't display the whole drawing,because the
magazine is just published,so I only exhibit a profile of it,and translate the caption;

Right: As a further development the Ar 234 was created 1945 the progressive design
of a night fighter.

Attachments