Exactly, the Blue Fox antenna diameter was about 4 inches smaller across than the Harrier II Plus' AN/APG-65.
APG-65 antenna diameter: AV-8B+ = 22.8" vs F/A-18A/B = 26.625"
Source: The Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapons Systems, 1997-1998

Blue Fox Antenna Diameter = 20 in

Blue Vixen Antenna Diameter - ??

Found on @PaleoAero Twitter , no source given. Ferry tips provided a 9% L/D improvement.

And for reference, an actual ferry tip that was for sale online.
"DANGER POWER CONTROL AND JET BLAST".

Attachments

• Harrier_Ferry_Tips.jpeg
    Harrier_Ferry_Tips.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Harrier_ferry_tip.png
    Harrier_ferry_tip.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Harrier_ferry_tip_under.png
    Harrier_ferry_tip_under.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I've discovered in Air Enthusiast of May 1972 that the Harrier T.52 G-VTOL could be modified with extended "big-wing" tips of 27 inch for ferry flights.
View attachment 722503
All first Gen harriers could use them, but they weren't used very often - as they weren't suitable for combat use, you had to replace them, so you needed sets of normal wing tips to follow. They were used on T birds going to Malta etc in the 70s on occasion.

HS developed a carbon fibre version that had an integral fuel tank

Not an advanced Harrier as such, but I hadn't previously seen GR.1 XV277 with the Blue Fox radome shape for testing.
I'm not sure it was representative of Blue Fox, more a shape to show the Harrier could carry a radome at the time they were trying to sell the Sea harrier (like carrying and firing the AR Martel). It was shaped like a miniature Blue Parrot one.

All first Gen harriers could use them, but they weren't used very often - as they weren't suitable for combat use, you had to replace them, so you needed sets of normal wing tips to follow. They were used on T birds going to Malta etc in the 70s on occasion.

HS developed a carbon fibre version that had an integral fuel tank
Do you have some more photos of Harrier fitted whith that ?