From; MiG Aircraft since 1939,Putnam.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 1,436
Interesting..I have been aware of the Ye-8 for ages, but had never noticed the version with wingtip AAM stations.

what is this post-war model - experimental circular-wing MiG prototype ?

robertino said:

What is it my dear Robertino,can you explain more ?.

hesham said:
robertino said:

What is it my dear Robertino,can you explain more ?.

somewhere I read that the Russians (Soviet) made a circle mig, but I did not find this information, pictures and articles anywhere

From Ailes 3/1956,

of course they meant here,a MiG-19 Farmer,but the strange thing they called it TsAGI-418 ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 549
  • 2.png
    2.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 446
A little drawing from "AIR iNTERNATIONAL"
volume 51 n°2
The Mig 115 project
Biplane, the hight wing is behind the low one
1 turbo TVB 20 M 1350 hp
span hight wing : 15.00 m
low wing : 12.20 m
lenght : 14.66 m
speed maxi : 410 km/h

Any idea on the airfoils or aspect ratio of the wings? A front or top view would be interesting.

The reverse stagger is interesting - I wonder what the reasoning was?

Any idea on the airfoils or aspect ratio of the wings? A front or top view would be interesting.

The reverse stagger is interesting - I wonder what the reasoning was?

Thanks Flateric - I actually read through the thread to see if it had been answered and somehow missed the post this time!

I'm still quite curious as to the reason behind the reverse stagger? It might lead to better stall characteristics and without the potential effects of positive stagger tandem wings... but I doubt that is the reasoning.

Thought we already had this but apparently not:
screenshot.php

Known also as the Izdeliye K, the KSK manned version of the KS-1 “Komet” anti-shipping cruise missile conceived to speed up the development of the missile. It’s not coincidence the sort of cute “Lil’ MiG-15” looks of this testbed keeping in mind the use of their MiG-15 shape and configuration by Mikoyan-Gurevich Bureau in the design of their missile. Four examples were produced. Powered by a RD-500 turbojet (a RR Derwent copy), the KSK was launched from a Tu-4KS. The tests flights, both manned and unmanned, took place in the 1951/52 period. Further testing was completed with real KS-1s.
The size of its cockpit gives us a good idea of how tiny this lovely little gem was.

https://elpoderdelasgalaxias.wordpress.com/2018/05/28/mikoyan-gurevich-ksk-the-lil-mig-15/

According to the initial design, the fighter was supposed to carry up to four K-23
missiles under the wing and fuselage, as shown in this machine geometry diagram

- Истребитель МиГ-23. На защите неба Родины

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 519
I read on this site that there is a Ukrainian modernisation programme for the Fishbed called MiG-21MU. Is this true ?
OdesAviaRemServis from Ukraine has recognized MiG-21's upgrade potential and offers a package of measures called MiG-21MU. Nothing is known about the customers.
mig-21de_img_5681.jpg

Last edited:
From this book.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    966.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 1.png
    1.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.png
    2.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 3.png
    3.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 153
hesham said:
hesham said:
I don't know if that's Info was real or not,there was a developed version of MiG-21
with side intakes and lift engines as a VTOL Project ?.

Maybe this one was I meant,to be honest,I don't know.

Истребитель МиГ-23. На защите неба Родины

As you see the main difference between it and MiG-23M.
Dear hesham,I have a question.Does it exceed the speed of sound?

hesham said:
hesham said:
I don't know if that's Info was real or not,there was a developed version of MiG-21
with side intakes and lift engines as a VTOL Project ?.

Maybe this one was I meant,to be honest,I don't know.

Истребитель МиГ-23. На защите неба Родины

As you see the main difference between it and MiG-23M.
Dear hesham,I have a question.Does it exceed the speed of sound?

Dear Shangri-La,

yes,it could do that,if they built it.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 99
By the way,

MiG-18 was 50 passenger airliner project,see also Jane's all the world's aircraft 1993-1994.
MiG-24 was transport aircraft project,see also Jane's all the world's aircraft 1991-1992.
Does anyone know what projects the MiG-20, MiG-26 and MiG-28 were?

By the way,

MiG-18 was 50 passenger airliner project,see also Jane's all the world's aircraft 1993-1994.
MiG-24 was transport aircraft project,see also Jane's all the world's aircraft 1991-1992.
I think these numbers are the result of misinformation from the West.