nothing more than own CCTV7 digital art staff efforts...

Indeed, just another teaser to keep up the excitement most of all for the own audience. In fact I would be most surprised if we would see the H-20 this year already.

Anyway, this was spotted yesterday too and even if I don't think it is related to the H-20, Huitong thinks the one in the lower right corner "could" be the H-20's shape....

1610634357944.png

View: https://twitter.com/RupprechtDeino/status/1349265493362929665

This set of imagery is allegedly from the latest (right now) issue of the corporate magazine of the Chinese national aircraft manufacturer AVIC.

If anyone knows more, etc. please post evaluations of these.

Attachments

• E1iZ9pmWUAkli6h.jpg
    E1iZ9pmWUAkli6h.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 267
RumoRS were strong enough that at last Zhuhai Air Show the H20 be revealed.

Also the question begs whether the H20 or B-21 be revealed first?

cheers

This set of imagery is allegedly from the latest (right now) issue of the corporate magazine of the Chinese national aircraft manufacturer AVIC.

Interesting, they sure do love their extra control surfaces.

a).This is not from "AVIC corporate magazine".
It's like claiming that PopMech is "LM corporate magazine".
b). BS concept, perfectly fulfilled.

Grigori,

If this is not from AVIC magazine, what is it from? Do you know?

Grigori,

The name of the magazine is called modern weaponry.
There are multiple such magazines/publications in China that cover general military matters, but none of them have the clearance to know, let alone publish, sensitive material, and the true design of H-20 at this stage most certainly is considered "sensitive material".

Many of these magazines will publish graphics and drawings and cutaways of ships, aircraft, and make educated guesses about what upcoming ships or aircraft or hardware may look like.
However they remain only educated guesses at best, and should never be assumed to reflect any sort of official disclosure.

e.g.: this was the cover of a modern weaponry issue in 2010 before J-20 came out, and it was their own guess about what the J-XX would look like.

modern.jpg

Grigori,

There are multiple such magazines/publications in China that cover general military matters, but none of them have the clearance to know, let alone publish, sensitive material, and the true design of H-20 at this stage most certainly is considered "sensitive material".

Many of these magazines will publish graphics and drawings and cutaways of ships, aircraft, and make educated guesses about what upcoming ships or aircraft or hardware may look like.
However they remain only educated guesses at best, and should never be assumed to reflect any sort of official disclosure.

e.g.: this was the cover of a modern weaponry issue in 2010 before J-20 came out, and it was their own guess about what the J-XX would look like.

View attachment 657667

I can’t but notice how they put a J-10 styled air intake on the aircraft on the front cover and how it compares with the actual J-20 design.

Grigori,

View attachment 657667

I can’t but notice how they put a J-10 styled air intake on the aircraft on the front cover and how it compares with the actual J-20 design.

Among many other differences between it and the real thing (engine spacing, fuselage/wing blend and geometry, weapons bay configuration, canard/wing relationship etc).

Like I said, educated guesses at best.

The fact that they don't mention the fact it was a major defence contractor's in-house magazine is interesting though.

I must learn to sort out what is fake news and what is real news, these days it is almost too hard to do, the initial so called report had me excited thinking that the H-20 was being revealed.

Modern Weaponry is Norinco's in-house magazine though, for what ever that is worth.

Worth little to nothing, heavily weighted to nothing.
I don't recall in my 14 years of PLA watching, of any instance where the design of a new major big ticket system being revealed via any of those defense magazines like Modern Weaponry or Naval and Merchant ships etc.

I must learn to sort out what is fake news and what is real news, these days it is almost too hard to do, the initial so called report had me excited thinking that the H-20 was being revealed.

Basically, take it as a given that anything as big ticket as H-20 (or a new carrier class or new destroyer, frigate, or amphibious assault ship class, or new fighter type etc), won't be revealed via a magazine or a TV show.
Most of them are non-official educated guesses at best.
That goes for cutaway drawings as well.

It doesn't help that most reporting on the PLA in English language media are by people who don't know how to recognize what is serious and what isn't.

This came across my Twitter feed today, and I thought it important enough to post here. I don't have the data as to the original poster.

But your comments welcomed.

I don't know if this means the Chinese stealth bomber is ready to be unveiled, or if this is something completely different that is meant.

Attachments

• E5B7afUXoAUHikQ.png
    E5B7afUXoAUHikQ.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 119
This came across my Twitter feed today, and I thought it important enough to post here. I don't have the data as to the original poster.

I don't know if this means the Chinese stealth bomber is ready to be unveiled, or if this is something completely different that is meant.

If you would have quoted by tweet you would have noticed that I clearly added, I don't expect this to be related to the H-20? So why then this question?

View: https://twitter.com/RupprechtDeino/status/1409763348242182145

Dang, And this is "only" the centenary of the Chinese Communist Party. I shudder to think what will happen in 2049...
In passing, all these "glorious projects of advanced technology to commemorate a communist anniversary" - it has such a Soviet Union vibe, really.
At times the present day China looks like a surviving Soviet Union, somewhere between "USSR 1972" and "USSR 1985" (although the later example is rather, hmmm, unfortunate).

If you would have quoted by tweet you would have noticed that I clearly added, I don't expect this to be related to the H-20? So why then this question?
Thanks Deino. But your Twitter comment wasn't the one I saw that contained this PNG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Deino. But your Twitter comment wasn't the one I saw that contained this PNG.

Thanks in return ... but can you please note which one?

Thanks in return ... but can you please note which one?
Not that I can. I get a lot of aerospace and military tweets where people post things, and I didn't have the presence of mind to just cut-and-paste the URL link. That's on me. And when I get such posts, they don't necessarily feature "retweets" (where your tweet would be linked).

Ayup. Why the two different angles on a suspiciously B-2ish planform?

I doubt the Chicoms will produce something this pedestrian and expect it to be considered the credible strategic threat it's supposed to be.

Another fanart BS for "Military Technology"

Indeed ... and even admitted in this statement by Fu Qianshao who noted, “that images of the bomber published in some domestic weapons magazines were purely artistic renderings created by aviation enthusiasts and did not represent the actual design”.

View: https://twitter.com/RupprechtDeino/status/1419693497809002503

via: eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2021-07/22/content_10065430.htm

We could be fair to them and say that they made a somewhat educated guess, based off of current technology. We could also be unfair to them and say they just photoshopped and image of a B-2. The latter seems most likely.

Indeed ... and even admitted in this statement by Fu Qianshao who noted, “that images of the bomber published in some domestic weapons magazines were purely artistic renderings created by aviation enthusiasts and did not represent the actual design”.
Well said, and something that needs to be made more obvious in Western media; these are just speculative drawings, that do not represent the actual design. It is doubtful that anyone will get to see the bomber before it is ready, and about to take its first flight.

We could be fair to them and say that they made a somewhat educated guess, based off of current technology. We could also be unfair to them and say they just photoshopped and image of a B-2. The latter seems most likely.

Well said, and something that needs to be made more obvious in Western media; these are just speculative drawings, that do not represent the actual design. It is doubtful that anyone will get to see the bomber before it is ready, and about to take its first flight.
Why would anyone expect the Chinese to do anything different as regards unveiling their bomber compared to the US with the B-21.

Why would anyone expect the Chinese to do anything different as regards unveiling their bomber compared to the US with the B-21.
I would assume it's from articles that clearly state the H-20 is going be released imminently, just to get the readers' attention, and maybe have them read the article. Most however, wouldn't, and thus take it that the Chinese are hiding a stealth bomber in a hangar under a blanket. Then, they'd repost it, and share it, and there is the even bigger possibility of people just looking at that, read the title and go "OMG!!! :eek:" and say "It's on the internet, so it must be true!"

In summary, a case of clickbait titles, which are believed by people, as well as misconstrued information from sources, that gets leaked into the article, that are 99.9% never checked by the reader. I would also add the possibility of writers deliberately misleading their readers for motives such as cash.

Which is why I trust few sites, especially when it comes to Chinese technology.