H-6N & Air-launched Anti-ship ballistic missile (ALBM/AShBM)

Ha ha like Lord Fuckwad... Farquaad in Shrek, trying to "compensate something" with his enormous Duloc Castle.

Get your mind out of the gutter… it was his height ;)

Hmmm I have seen many well informed sources (and websites) saying otherwise. And I can't believe they all are sexually obsessed the wrong way.

That's a big missile there.

I'm curious how much range increase can be expected from launching from this platform.
It's big, but I don't think it is DF-21 big. It looks like something more aerodynamic that was customized to this role.

EDIT: According to wiki it is indeed a flavor of DF-21...not sure if I buy that. Anyone have other sources?

Last edited:
Let's admit that the h-6, is less survivable than the Mig-31. That it has to launch from farther away (and then carry a far bigger missile) should not surprise anyone.

Let's admit that the h-6, is less survivable than the Mig-31. That it has to launch from farther away (and then carry a far bigger missile) should not surprise anyone.
I think it's more to help it cover a bigger foot print. Realistically speaking, the odds of it encountering air-defense threats over the Pacific are slim.

A Chinese Killjoy (NATO codename for the Khinzal)? Would NATO's alphanumeric designation for the Killjoy be the AS-24?

A Chinese Killjoy (NATO codename for the Khinzal)? Would NATO's alphanumeric designation for the Killjoy be the AS-24?

Not sure what this post has to do with the Kinzhal Besides being a similar system …

Not sure what this post has to do with the Kinzhal Besides being a similar system …

The question popped into my head when looking at images of the Chinese missile given its distinct resemblance to an SS-26 Stone/Killjoy ALBM.

I believe so but I’ve only heard of that designation very recently from one source, so not positive. K series designation would fit NATO brevity nomenclature for an air to surface weapon, eg Krypton, Kegler, Kedge, Kingfish, etc.

Source at Sino Defence Forum says that the new Chinese air-launched ballistic missile is based on M20. Seems that there is very similiar shape & also dimensions.

Read this too .... but since all look similar in shape & maybe also dimensions, does anyone have a better comparison?

I found out a few days ago that the latest version of the H-6 has had its' Bombay deleted (No doubt allowing it to carry a lot more fuel).

Please, remind me why is there a split ramp in the intakes? Or is this just a structural bracing?

Please, remind me why is there a split ramp in the intakes? Or is this just a structural bracing?

I doubt it's structural-bracing, it probably serves some sort of aerodynamic purpose in straightening out the airflow before if reaches the engines compressor faces.

I found out a few days ago that the latest version of the H-6 has had its' Bombay deleted (No doubt allowing it to carry a lot more fuel).

I think all the modern build H-6s (K/J/N) delete the bomb bay in favor of fuel. They are strictly stand off missile platforms.

I think all the modern build H-6s (K/J/N) delete the bomb bay in favor of fuel. They are strictly stand off missile platforms.

In fact it is expected to feature an additional fuel tank but this was never confirmed. Known so far is only, the H-6N features a pair of semi-conformal clamp pylons/adaptors for the huge ballistic missile (YJ-21 ?) underneath the mid-fuselage and consequently the internal bomb bay has been removed.

IMG_1077.jpeg IMG_1076.jpeg