Last edited:
It all depends on how things are getting on in terms of ground testing as to whether we see the H-20 getting revealed this year or next, it is possible that the PLAAF may reveal and get it into the air first before the B-21 gets unveiled.

Sounds like an exciting race to the unveiling line now.

H-20 is now neck and neck with B-21, with PAK-DA now in 3rd place (unless Russia can crack the whip for a sudden burst of speed. Unlikely as it's distracted by events off the course).

H-20 is now neck and neck with B-21, with PAK-DA now in 3rd place (unless Russia can crack the whip for a sudden burst of speed. Unlikely as it's distracted by events off the course).

I personally don't think that we will see the PAK-DA until the end of the current decade because the Russians are still going with the Tu-160M at present.

But is the H-20 a B-2 equivalent or a B-21 equivalent?
I personally don't think that we will see the PAK-DA until the end of the current decade because the Russians are still going with the Tu-160M at present.
Last I heard they cut annual government by 7% as well, that's on top of the 'extra costs' currently being taken out of the annual budget.

Last I heard they cut annual government by 7% as well, that's on top of the 'extra costs' currently being taken out of the annual budget.

Things are not looking all that great for PAK-DA.

But is the H-20 a B-2 equivalent or a B-21 equivalent?

I think that the H-20 will be more of a B-21 equivalent than the B-2.

I tend to think that the H-20 will be equal to the B-21 in some areas and less in others. It will be interesting to see what happens when it is revealed.

What would be interesting is to see if that giant step forward isn't at the end possible even with all the resources and dedication of China. It would serve as a metering unit for all the projects worldwide that claim to pop out a 6th gen systems like a devil in a box with a complete disregard of the building block nature of stealth technology.

What would be interesting is to see if that giant step forward isn't at the end possible even with all the resources and dedication of China. It would serve as a metering unit for all the projects worldwide that claim to pop out a 6th gen systems like a devil in a box with a complete disregard of the building block nature of stealth technology.
Judging by their progress in spaceflight I’d say the odds are against this being the outcome. They’ve literally eaten up the gaps in the area much faster than many expected. Yes they still lag in a number of areas but the gap is much smaller now. Also some areas they lag in such as reusable launchers is the same for ESA for example.

The real proof lies in the performance of the platform/system which affects everyone who develops new aircraft, how good is your mousetrap in real-world application.

Well, now it’s getting interesting… a few days ago a strange tweet again posted that unique model we’ve seen some time ago and now this!

So either this is all a campaign of disinformation well laid out to confuse us enthusiasts and analysts or is there actually something to this configuration and the H-20 actually looks like or similar to it? ... maybe a first leak similar to the first painting of the B-2 back then and in retrospect, one of the very first wind tunnel images of the J-20 looked also exactly like the final type and at least I didn’t care much back then.

Interesting that already three slightly different images of the same image popped up almost simultaneously… just for completeness here are all three!

620C7D0D-74B4-4F24-9E11-A5E8C89D5D67.jpeg 956AE6C1-0A76-40BA-834E-0D7832402756.jpeg 7FEF44C0-9156-4EBA-A3B9-9E8110890A5C.jpeg

just in case

Last edited:
Well, now it’s getting interesting… a few days ago a strange tweet again posted that unique model we’ve seen some time ago and now this!

So either this is all a campaign of disinformation well laid out to confuse us enthusiasts and analysts or is there actually something to this configuration and the H-20 actually looks like or similar to it? ... maybe a first leak similar to the first painting of the B-2 back then and in retrospect, one of the very first wind tunnel images of the J-20 looked also exactly like the final type and at least I didn’t care much back then.

Interesting that already three slightly different images of the same image popped up almost simultaneously… just for completeness here are all three!

View attachment 683010View attachment 683011View attachment 683012

Let’s just wait and see what happens if this is the actual design, I am not getting excited just in case someone has photoshopped this photo we have all been at that point before.

who 'all'?
have you ever seen real WT model? does _this one_ have any resemblence to WT models in terms of quality and precision (apart of idiot aerodynamics)?

I particularly like the serrated inlets.

The aft part of the model in Deino's post #161 looks like there might be a shadow on the wing from a folding tail.

I guess we'll find out when we find out. I doubt the Chinese will release any preliminary illustrations like we do in the US.

No way it's going to have a separate tail, even if only for political reasons.
Granted that it gives a short moment arm, I could see it if their flight control hardware and/or software isn't up to what Northrop did with the B-2A. Alternatively, they could be equivalent to the B-2A's GLAS (Gust Load Alleviation System) on it's aft center section.

I guess we'll find out when we find out. I doubt the Chinese will release any preliminary illustrations like we do in the US.
they did for j-20, back when it was only known as j-xx. Models that have very minor differences from when the real thing appeared on taxi runway.

they did for j-20, back when it was only known as j-xx. Models that have very minor differences from when the real thing appeared on taxi runway.
yup

some of these models appeared before the J-20 debut, many of which were on Hui Tong's website

like this one when it was a Triplane
J-18.jpg

and then this one when it moved to delta canard
J-XX.jpg

likewise I think it was the same with the J-10 as well. you saw some earlier models that appeared before the actual J-10

Once more if you didn't read it

Anyway, the model is nothing official. The company (Xi'an Meilian Aviation/西安美联航空技术有限责任公司) behind the concept is not affiliated with AVIC. Its major area of expertise is producing flight simulators for the civil aviation market, which explains the guy in an airline pilot uniform in one of the images, which is itself a dead giveaway that this has nothing to do with H-20. There's no way XAC would let a mere civilian pilot near the project.

So nothing to see here, but as usual, that stupid fanboy is trying to put a sensationalist spin on it. I still can't get over the fact how someone can be so stupid and dishonest at the same time.

Literally they are even not behind the _concept_ as this poorly made model is just a representation of famous what-if CGI from a Modern Weaponry magazine, drawn on basis of less famous patent.

Attachments

• main-qimg-0251f94591b6c5403614cab69613da18.png
    main-qimg-0251f94591b6c5403614cab69613da18.png
    639.8 KB · Views: 508
Is the length between the inlets and exhaust a bit short to accommodate an engine and 'twisty' intakes to conceal the fan blades.

Regards
Robert

Xi'an Midian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. is located in the famous China Aviation City, Yanliang, Xi'an. It is a high-tech enterprise registered in Yanliang National Aviation High-tech Industrial Base, which is engaged in aviation high-tech production, study and research. The company's business includes: aerospace advanced composite materials; aviation and motor vehicle simulation training equipment; aviation training and teaching equipment; unmanned aerial vehicle systems; aerospace simulation model development, production and marketing.

Xi'an Meilian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. has been committed to tracking the world's advanced aviation manufacturing technology since its establishment. Adopting the dual-engine propulsion strategy, firstly, relying on the industrial advantages, manufacturing technology, and cluster advantages of China Aviation City and the National Aviation High-Tech Industrial Base, and actively transforming into aviation high-tech. The second is to strengthen international cooperation and exchanges, digest and introduce the world's advanced aviation manufacturing technology, and enhance the company's technological advantages and competitiveness. After more than ten years of rapid development, the company has taken a leading position in the fields of aerospace composite materials and aviation simulation training systems.

Xi'an Meilian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. has gathered a group of aviation professionals with ideals, aspirations and careers, including aircraft designers, aircraft manufacturing engineers, aviation maintenance engineers, aircraft test pilots, captains, and flight attendants. Wait. There are also a group of R&D teams with high professional quality, sophisticated technology, strong sense of responsibility and courage to fight tough battles. The company has more than 20 design and process technicians in composite materials, virtual simulation, mechanical, structural, electrical, hydraulic, aircraft interior decoration and other majors, including one senior engineer and 16 senior engineers. 6 professional technicians. More than 100 technicians. In order to meet the requirements of digitization, precision and flexibility, the company adopts a large number of advanced software technologies; CATIA, UG, SOLIWORK, AUTO CAD, and adopts advanced digital processing parallel technology CAD/CAM/CAN machining center to serve customers.

Xi'an Meilian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. also adopts the advanced molding technology RIM for composite material molding. The company has passed the national military standard GJB9001C-2017 and ISO9001-2015 quality system certification. The company has provided a large number of qualified aviation high-tech products for the General Armament Department, the Air Force System, AVIC, civil aviation companies, general aviation companies, and aviation vocational and technical colleges. Its leading products have been exported to Europe, the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Bolivia, Namibia and other countries and regions.

Xi'an Meilian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. has branches and R&D centers in Xi'an, and offices in the United States and Canada. Xi'an Meilian Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. warmly welcomes customers and dealers from all over the country and the world to negotiate business and establish mutually beneficial and win-win partners.

ML Aviation website

Some news …

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/RupprechtDeino/status/1561972223530999809

My current overall conclusion, as it seems, my first impressions is correct or much likely: it is some sort of PR stunt to gain attention and even more to distract from the real thing grows stronger and stronger … so let’s wait for the real one.
yup

some of these models appeared before the J-20 debut, many of which were on Hui Tong's website

like this one when it was a Triplane
J-18.jpg

But that triplane type was not the J-20, but SAC‘s contender

J-XX contenders from SAC (integrated triplane) and CAC (canard, future J-20)

That would be surprising:
1. Chinese industry has no experience with high subsonic flying wings
2. Chinese industry has not yet reached parity with the US in term of stealth. Hence their RCS requirements might leave more room for a less complex shape in term of control governs
3. Chinese AF might have a request for the aircraft to operate from a larger number of airfields, hence from shorter runways. Let's not forget that there isn't geographically any point in China that the USAF bombers can't reach themselves.