Register here

Author Topic: Focke Wulf (Tank) Ta 154  (Read 13508 times)

Online sgeorges4

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I really should change my personal text
Re: Focke Wulf (Tank) Ta 154
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 07:29:01 am »
is this project can take a focke wulf 190 D?(It seem to be a dora on the schema[?]):

sorry for my english,I'm french but I will improve my english with this forum.

Just want to know if the fw 190 on the scheme is a dora or a A like it's suggest by the top of the document.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:39:59 pm by sgeorges4 »

Offline Apteryx

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:50 am »
is this project can take a focke wulf 190 D?(It seem to be a dora on the schema[?]):
sorry for my english,I'm french but I will improve my english with this forum.

Just want to know if the fw 190 on the scheme is a dora or a A like it's suggest by the top of the document.

I would assume it's an A-8, since that's what the drawing title declares. Plus--I can think of no reason why you'd select a "D" model over an "A" for this job.

Online sgeorges4

• I really should change my personal text
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2017, 08:30:09 pm »
ok,I'll take the A8.

Offline iverson

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »
why that nose for the project II with SH 3000.
To trigger the detonation of the explosive charge at the right time.
This Ta-154 is a "kamikaze", suicide drone to crash on ships or other high-value targets.
It is not exactly a kamikaze--the pilot was intended to eject prior to detonation, as shown in the drawing just above. The nose shape itself indicates a Mistel-type shaped charge warhead with a long, stand-off fuse to insure that the charge explodes far enough from the target to insure maximum penetration.

Offline dan_inbox

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2017, 01:30:36 am »
It is not exactly a kamikaze--the pilot was intended to eject prior to detonation, as shown in the drawing just above. The nose shape itself indicates a Mistel-type shaped charge warhead with a long, stand-off fuse to insure that the charge explodes far enough from the target to insure maximum penetration.
As I understand it, the pilot would not eject from the FW-190, but "jettison" the Ta-154 which would go on to crash onto the bridge or ship or whatever. Then he flies back with the FW-190.
That's why I wrote "the Ta-154  is a kamikaze drone" --only the Ta-154 , not the whole Mistel.

The ejection scheme you describe is that of the Pulkzerstörer variant, anti-bomber-formation. In a Pulkzerstörer, the pilot would be at altitude and able to eject.
In a Mistel, after setting the course into the ground target, he would be too low.