Register here

Author Topic: Russian and Soviet Aircraft Carriers  (Read 131521 times)

Offline royabulgaf

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Re: Russian and Soviet Aircraft Carriers
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2017, 03:34:57 pm »
Why would you want to beach the aircraft carrier? 

Offline RP1

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I see the truth in it.
    • RP1 dot net
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »
Why would you want to beach the aircraft carrier?

It's an LST, too - there is a vehicle ramp at the bow. It's not a completely absurd idea, if you want a single vessel to have multiple methods of landing a force, it's just...  very crowded conceptually.
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

http://rp-one.net/

Offline Grey Havoc

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • The path not taken.
The sole imperative of a government, once instituted, is to survive.

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2017, 04:56:15 pm »
"Russia Naval Industry Able to Produce 115000-ton Aircraft Carriers by 2020"

September 7, 2017

Source:
https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/september-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/5557-russia-naval-industry-able-to-produce-115000-ton-aircraft-carriers-by-2020.html

The Russian industry will be able to produce aircraft carriers with a displacement of 110-115 thousand tons by 2020, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin told Russia 24 TV channel.

"We create new shipyards and build a new gigantic dry dock in the Far East. If the order is received for an aircraft carrier with a displacement of 110000-115000 tons it will be physically possible to build it beginning from 2020," he said.

The Russian aircraft carrier will be considerably less costly than US analogues, he added.
Rogozin said orders for such warships depend on the needs of the General Headquarters which determine the necessity of combat engagement of aircraft carriers.

The production facility for such warships can be Zvezda Shipyard in the Far East where a 114-meter wide dry dock is being constructed. "Now we have no limitations by the tonnage of civilian vessels and warships which we can build there," Rogozin said.

The Russian Navy earlier said it plans to get a perspective nuclear aircraft carrier by 2030. Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said the contract for the construction of a new aircraft carrier can be signed in late 2025. Russian Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said the detailed design of the aircraft-carrying warship has been created and submitted to the Russian Defense Ministry.

Offline Tzoli

« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2017, 12:58:27 am »
When was the first news leaked out that Russia wants to build multiple supercarriers by mid century? 2010?

Offline MihoshiK

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2017, 03:05:12 am »
"The Russian aircraft carrier will be considerably less costly than US analogues, he added."

What I'm reading in this is "The Russian aircraft carrier will be considerably less capable than US analogues, he added."

There's reasons (nuclear) carriers are titanically expensive.

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »
Display at International Maritime Defence Show (IMDS-2017)

Source:
http://foto-i-mir.ru/23000e-shtorm-imds-2017/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:54:58 pm by Triton »

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2017, 12:53:28 pm »
Display at International Maritime Defence Show (IMDS-2017)

Source:
http://foto-i-mir.ru/23000e-shtorm-imds-2017/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:55:21 pm by Triton »

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2017, 01:03:50 pm »
Variant of Project 23000E displayed at Army 2015

Source:
http://bastion-karpenko.ru/23000-shtorm/

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2017, 03:55:15 pm »
Via Google Translate:

AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIP «PRIBOI» ON THE FORUM «ARMY-2017″

Source:
http://bastion-opk.ru/priboi-army-2017/

At the International Military Technical Forum "Army-2017" in Kubinka, the Krylov State Research Center presented once again the model and information on the universal landing craft "Surf". It provides reception, transportation by sea and disembarkation, in cooperation with other means of the fleet, on the unequipped coast of troops and equipment during the maritime landing operation; provision of maritime transport; the establishment of defensive mine and network obstacles and hydroacoustic buoys for positioning underwater surveillance systems. CHARACTERISTICS Displacement, t approx. 23 000 Length x width x of draft in KVL, m 200.0 x 34.0 x 7.5 Full / economic travel speed, knots 20/14 Range, miles 6 000 Autonomy for food, day 30 Crew, people. OK. 400 The main gas turbine power plant Number of forces / means carried: Marine Corps, people 500 x 900 Infantry fighting vehicles, units ok 50 Tanks, units OK. 10 MAIN ARMS AND SYSTEMS OF ARMAMENT Means of disembarkation: • landing craft with a load capacity of at least 45 tons - 6 units, • assault boats on davits - 6 units, • transport and landing and search and rescue helicopters - 10 + 2 units. Anti-aircraft weapons of self-defense: • anti-aircraft missile and artillery complex - 2 combat modules, • Anti-aircraft artillery complex - 2 combat modules. Artillery armament: a universal artillery system - 76 mm. Radioelectronic and hydroacoustic arming of lighting the situation and control: • three-coordinate radar for general detection, • navigation complex, • an integrated subsystem of electronic warfare, • integrated communication complex, • system for detecting underwater diversionary forces and assets. Integrated system of combat control of the level of tactical and operational-tactical links.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:01:31 pm by Triton »

Offline Sherman Tank

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I don't want to change my personal text
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2017, 07:45:41 am »
When was the first news leaked out that Russia wants to build multiple supercarriers by mid century? 2010?

Sometime around then, I think a bit earlier in fact. I remember it being a small article in the International Herald Tribune from before that guy got offed with Polonium tea.

Offline Grey Havoc

• The path not taken.
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:58 am »
Some interesting theories about how Naval Aviation Flankers and the Kuznetsov would have been employed in a WWIII scenario: http://www.tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24263

Offline Grey Havoc

• The path not taken.

Offline Edgar812

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2019, 06:34:17 am »
regards Comrades,

Here I leave the link of my latest work on the Project 1143.5 Kreml Admiral of the Soviet Union Fleet Kuznetsov, the most extensive compilation in Spanish, I hope you like it, if you have a correct or contribution That the best, in advance very grateful, is mentioned in a section of thanks for contributions made of the blog.

The article link:

http://armasrusasb.blogspot.com/2019/02/proyecto-11435-kreml-almirante-de-la.html

Source: Blog de Armas Rusas

Visit our !!!!

http://armasrusasb.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:36:50 am by Edgar812 »

Offline PaulMM (Overscan)

• Secret Projects Forum Founder
  • Administrator
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2019, 12:56:43 pm »
That's an incredibly good article, and translates well.
"They can't see our arses for dust."

- Sir Sydney Camm