following the path it has started before 1945:

Attachments

• WFG_P-24.GIF
    WFG_P-24.GIF
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • WFG_P-27.GIF
    WFG_P-27.GIF
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,253
Great work, Jens. Fantastic, like all the others from your hands...
Please, if you can post the technical data ::)

Servus Maveric

"Please, if you can post the technical data"

Sorry, there's not very much, I have to offer. The drawings were made using original
plans, which I got from boxkite, but .. those plans usually show the appearance of the
aircraft, but no data besides the dimensions.
The P24 was planned as a transport, with a cargo hold able to carry a 1.5 ton truck.
The P27 was intended as a multi-role aircraft, carrying up to 12 troops, but also
sutable for the attack role with unguided rockets, or missiles carried in a weapons bay.

And .. with these types we are in the wrong section again ! ;)

that WFG P 24 looks very curtiss 'x-19' type like...

cheers,
Robin.

Greetings All -

From Flying Review International Vol. 19 No. 1 coverage of the Paris Air Show, drawings of the WFG-P16 and WFG-P23 designs.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• Weser WFG-P16.gif
    Weser WFG-P16.gif
    86.3 KB · Views: 391
  • Weser WFG-P23.gif
    Weser WFG-P23.gif
    83.5 KB · Views: 378
Help needed : I can't find the thread where those Jemiba's drawings were shown ...

Thanks

Numériser 14.23.30.jpg

Last edited:
Good question, me not, too ! A bit strange ...
There should have been 4 versions of the WFG P 16, if those drawings are helpful, just give a shout.

.. and now, I'm looking for the sources, I used back then.
As you see, those variants differ mainly in the seating arrangement (tandem vs side-by-side) and the
shape and position of the intakes. First I got to know the P 16 from the AHS paper about "German V/STOL
Rotorcraft and Propellercraft Designs of the Twentieth Century", where it was described as an anti-helicopter
fighter with a gross weight of 1,850 kg and a speed of 362 kts.

Attachments

• WFG_P-16-01000.gif
    WFG_P-16-01000.gif
    146.3 KB · Views: 101
  • WFG_P-16-01001.gif
    WFG_P-16-01001.gif
    144 KB · Views: 102
  • WFG_P-16-01002.gif
    WFG_P-16-01002.gif
    149.3 KB · Views: 95
  • WFG_P-16-01011.gif
    WFG_P-16-01011.gif
    161.7 KB · Views: 127
.. and now, I'm looking for the sources, I used back then.
As you see, those variants differ mainly in the seating arrangement (tandem vs side-by-side) and the
shape and position of the intakes. First I got to know the P 16 from the AHS paper about "German V/STOL
Rotorcraft and Propellercraft Designs of the Twentieth Century", where it was described as an anti-helicopter
fighter with a gross weight of 1,850 kg and a speed of 362 kts.

Thank you !

From Aviation magazine 1963,

the P-23 in details.
It looks like you could use a short MU-2 fuselage as a starting point, and fitting the new wing/engines package and a new tail section with the rotors in the vertical and horizontal tails. Given that the MU-2 wings bolts to the top of the fuselage and that there is a production break just aft of the aft pressure bulkhead, it would be quite feasible.

Back
Top Bottom