• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Under the Red Star

Archibald

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Wow... How did I missed that thread ? Beautiful artwork (btw, how do say "flying dorito" in russian ?"

JohnR

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
mrys said:
Secret is not loosing time for sleeping, eating and facebook ;)

Next one before break for other work. Known BiCH-26 (Che-26) jet fighter from 1948. Still its shape looks modern.

How stealthy would this aircraft be?

mrys

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.airart3d.com
JohnR said:
How stealthy would this aircraft be?
I don't think, that "stealth" was a question during designing this plane. So probably it is no less stealthy then other planes from this period. As in Ho229 stealth case: if something looks stealthy doesn't mean it is.

mrys

Reaction score
Website
www.airart3d.com
Another one from my workshop. Unnamed Alekseev project. Not clear if it had to be fighter or attack plane - maybe multipurpose. Model was reconstructed based on three photographs of small model of this plane. Undercarriage is total suppositious but analogical to one used in other Alekseev designs. There is not clear what kind of engines had to be used on plane. In my opinion and due to unique shape of nacelles it could be ram jet rather then "normal" turbojet.

hs121trident

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
What a beautiful aircraft! You've done a stunning job modelling it! :D

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"2-VRD" implies two ramjets doesn't it?

mrys

Reaction score
Website
www.airart3d.com
VRD means "Vozdooshno-Reaktivnyy Dvigatiel" (Air Reaction Engine), so does not implies ramjet exactly, but jet engine in general. And what is more important, 2-VRD is mine "name" i used for signed this plane :) In sources is only described as combat aircraft with two unspecified jet engines.

mrys

Reaction score
Website
www.airart3d.com
PlanesPictures said:
Again excellent job, Marek. Do you render it in Blender?
Thanks Josef :) Modeled in Blender but rendered in Modo. I used Cycles from Blender for some renders previous, but back to Modo. About 10 times faster with similar effect. Cycles works great with GPU, but with CPU is terrible slow if you want unnoisy result.

mrys

Reaction score
Website
www.airart3d.com
This time something you can call "joint-venture" between Germany and USSR :) From OKB-1 and ing. Baade team EF-137. It is my second model of this plane. First one was made many, many years ago and it was probably very first reconstruction of this plane based on sketch from Baade's sketchbook. It was made in Rhino and I tried to adapt this model for soft I actualy use, but in final I modeled it from the beginning.

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Totally brilliant. What software do you use? Just curious.

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
I did what I should have done in the first instance, I checked the website he has linked.

Boogey

B'Boomelang
Reaction score
mrys said:
Attack plane designed by Mozharovskiy and Venevidov, but as part of Arkhangelskiy team in Factory No.32 in Moscow, from 1940/41. Here is with one of possible armament set: two fitted ShKAS machine guns and two ShVAK guns. Guns were mounted on special handle, that can be swinged down 30 deg.

Designation of the airplane project was MoV-2 ( BSh-MV ). It's engine was to be a Mikulin AM-38, 250 kg bomb load was projected, maximum 500 kg, maximum speed 485 km/h by the ground.
Together with Il-6, Su-6, MiG-4 ( PBSh-1 ) and Kotsherigin OBSh the MoV-2 was a rival of the Il-2 to series production.

Attachments