Under the Red Star

Neat! Thanks.

It gives a much fuller impression of the system (than simple drawings or even the model with the guns raised)!

Splendid! I love pushers, and this one is truly outstanding. Your contributions to this site are appreciated, Marek!

mrys said:
IMO one of the most freakish idea of Sukhoi's designers.

Freakish, for sure, but in a nice way... ;)

Your work is truly outstanding, I'm grateful for your sharing it with us, mrys!

Thanks for kind words :)

@PlanesPictures: Yes, I'am working on the book about soviet projects from 1934-1948 period. Text is 70% ready and I started with models and drawings.

Fantastic!!! A very nice recreation of a very nice project, yeah a bit crazy but I love it :D :D :D

Can't wait. This one is brilliant B)

Did this ever fly ?

I checked Marauder and Boston...and indeed they only reminiscents to this.

Very nice work..what program did you use on this ?

topspeed3 said:
Did this ever fly ?

what program did you use on this ?

No, it was only project, but in advanced stage. I use Blender for all in this model (modelling and rendering).

mrys said:
topspeed3 said:
Did this ever fly ?

what program did you use on this ?

No, it was only project, but in advanced stage. I use Blender for all in this model (modelling and rendering).

Is Blender really free and you can make such awesome rendering and modelling ?

mrys said:
Promised RB-17 with Dervent engine :)
Awesome work. Could I get a close up of the main gear from underneath looking at the wheel well ?

Marek, as usually very nice model and pictures. But a few years ago when I have done this model for AvicoPress, Ucon told me this last version was never on drawing board in MDB. I know this version is in Tony Buttler's book, too but I don't remember details who (he passed away some time ago) and why created drawing of this version. Try to ask Ucon

Hmmm, I found information about this in Aviacija & Kosmonautika 1996/08 magazine, not in Tony Butler book. It was Sultanov's article about RB-17 and was described two version: with four Jumo 004 and two Dervent. Third veriosn with Nene engines was only "interpolated" by author of article from projected data for Dervent version.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong with version. But I wanted to do this (or similar?) quit nice version with huge engines and it was told me it is fantasy. I hope Ucon will open its archive and will bring light in this. In all cases rendering are excellent. I was playing with idea to use Blender, too. It has functions for computing physics and there are possible very nice animation but for now I'm still playing with Vue. Last week I solved fatal problem why my animation of smoke controled by Python crashed after 69th frame. And it was Avatar rendered in Vue

To be honest I'am also not sure about Dervent version - in text it is very small amount of information, but drawings and full data sheet with projected speed etc. It is signed as "OKB calculations". It is quite possible, that that version was ONLY calculations.

Hi, Marek!
Jozef is absolutely right - there was no RB-17 with Dervent. According to the annual reports they planed to study different variants (mentioned at least 8), but we did not find even raw sketches, though myasishchev's keep all documents very accurately.
What can I say else. Your RB-17 model is exellent, but colour scheme...Who invent it?)))
Anyway, my heart congratulations - very good job.
any questions - contact directly.
Best regards, Ucon

Thanks for info Ucon. It closed question of Dervent RB-17 :) BTW I check in books I have, and also found in Gordon's Early Soviet Jet Bombers information about this version, but based only on one drawing (probably faked I think now).

mrys said:
I decided to run one topic with my soviet projects models instead of separate thread for each. So from now new models will be presented here.

In order to have all your Soviet-related illustrations in one place (and hopefully increase the popularity of your excellent work) I have now merged all the previous topics with this one. Hope that's okay with you!