Under the Red Star

There is something about Soviet kit with the Red Star emblem and related markings. Just looks dramatic and goes with the designs. I think someone did a graphic novel called Red Star which was a bit like Skyships Russian style.

Hi All! From 4th volume of "Bartini and his projects" series - Spasatel (Rescuer). Big and very "bartinish" looking :)

Beautiful work .
They used Tu-4 noses for the observation stations on the fins ? :D

Among books we (me and Konstantin) working on is second volume of refresh new edition of his famous Myasishchev's Encyclopedia. It covers mainly bombers of DVB-102 series, DVB-202-402 series and unnamed project of six engined "flying fortress" (in three variants). With help of oryginal documents we were able to reconstruct all known and unknown until now variants of those birds. Here is a sample: first variant of DVB-202 with ASh-72/73 engines. We count no less then three version of 202. Also did some order in 202, 302 and 402 projects - until now it is big mess in publications.

Last edited:
Among books we (me and Konstantin) working on is second volume of refresh new edition of his famous Myasishchev's Encyclopedia. It covers mainly bombers of DVB-102 series, DVB-202-402 series and unnamed project of six engined "flying fortress" (in three variants). With help of oryginal documents we were able to reconstruct all known and unknown until now variants of those birds. Here is a sample: first variant of DVB-202 with ASh-72/73 engines. We count no less then three version of 202. Also did some order in 202, 302 and 402 projects - until now it is big mess in publications.

Myasishchev Encyclopedia is at the very top of my wish-list & bucket list.
Will there be all 40 M-50 projects in the new book?

No. It is only M-52 related book. M-50 will be in other book.
Any books on Myasishchev M-18 & M-20?

For goodnight something more conventional. Known Bartini's fighter: Stal-8 from Ist volume Bartini and his projects.

Bartini's greatest sin was designing pretty airplanes back when (1930s) the French and other Soviet designers (e.g. Tupolev) were designing ugly airplanes. Hah! Hah!