Perseverance Rover

Some of these rocks as others have pointed out look like dead coral on a beach. Probably not but who knows.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQwuYZbA6o

See Mars Like Never Before! NASA's Perseverance Rover Sends New Video and Images of the Red Planet​

4,617 waiting
•Scheduled for 22 Feb 2021

24K170SHARESAVE

NASA

8.51M subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover safely touched down on the Red Planet on Feb. 18. So what will the robotic scientist "see" on her descent and what will she do next? Join mission experts for update about the rover – the biggest, heaviest, cleanest, and most sophisticated six-wheeled robot ever launched into space – including imagery it captured and its mission to explore Mars.

I hope that nothing goes wrong with Perseverance's landing on Wednesday, after all NASA landed Curiosity on Mars with no trouble so they can do it again with Perseverance.
I want to see that helicopter fly. All the, "here's how things could go sideways" clickbait is annoying. EVERYBODY knows the thing could crash.

I hope that the helicopter fly's too sferrin, I would like to see how the rotors cope in the Martian atmosphere. Would this be a prelude to a much larger Mars helicopter in the future post Perseverance?

"sferring"?

CFD is pretty good these days, so I suspect the helicopter will fly just fine.

A larger helicopter would be interesting. When I worked at Sikorsky, many years ago, a few of us started brainstorming a Mars helicopter. We concluded that the hardest thing would be how to fold the thing up to fit in the aeroshell for landing on Mars. Inflatable rotors were one idea.

I hope that nothing goes wrong with Perseverance's landing on Wednesday, after all NASA landed Curiosity on Mars with no trouble so they can do it again with Perseverance.
I want to see that helicopter fly. All the, "here's how things could go sideways" clickbait is annoying. EVERYBODY knows the thing could crash.

I hope that the helicopter fly's too sferrin, I would like to see how the rotors cope in the Martian atmosphere. Would this be a prelude to a much larger Mars helicopter in the future post Perseverance?

"sferring"?

CFD is pretty good these days, so I suspect the helicopter will fly just fine.

A larger helicopter would be interesting. When I worked at Sikorsky, many years ago, a few of us started brainstorming a Mars helicopter. We concluded that the hardest thing would be how to fold the thing up to fit in the aeroshell for landing on Mars. Inflatable rotors were one idea.
in addition to CFD, they did tests running a model in a climate chamber.

Biomimicry may come in handy. The folding mechanisms of beetle wings are quite remarkable and engineers are looking at possible applications.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-aQO9XD1g

NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

908K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
This video shows the first 360-degree view of the landing site of NASA’s Perseverance rover on Mars, as captured by the rover’s color Navigation Cameras, or Navcams. The Navcams are on the remote sensing mast (or “head”) of the rover. Perseverance possesses the most cameras of any Mars rover to date, with 19 on the rover. Perseverance landed on Mars’ Jezero Crater on February 18, 2021. These images were obtained on February 20, 2021. A key objective for Perseverance’s mission on Mars is astrobiology, including the search for signs of ancient microbial life. The rover will characterize the planet’s geology and past climate, pave the way for human exploration of the Red Planet, and be the first mission to collect and cache Martian rock and regolith. Please note: Not all browsers support viewing 360 videos. YouTube supports their playback on computers using Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera browsers. For best experience on a mobile device, play this video in the YouTube app. For more information about Perseverance, visit https://mars.nasa.gov/perseverance Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech