Original Project 705 design (1,500 ton displacement)

Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, have any drawings or artist impressions of the original Project 705 design, before they changed over to the design that would lead to the Alfa class, surfaced (no pun intended!) in recent times?

You can try this site:

http://www.deepstorm.ru/

It is, by far (IMO) the best site on the internet regarding Russian and Soviet submarines. It is in Russian but with some effort you should be able to find not only the page on project 705/705K but the page with that talks about the preliminary designs proposed by A. B. Petrov, complete with diagrams. I don't know if you will be able to get larger format presentations of them but something is better than nothing. The source cited is issue No 1 of 2003 of the Almanac "Taifun"

I regret I cannot give you a direct link to the page as the site doesn't allow that.

Hope this helps

Bigger Guns, MORE POWER!

B)

Grey Havoc said:
I'm just wondering, have any drawings or artist impressions of the original Project 705 design, before they changed over to the design that would lead to the Alfa class, surfaced (no pun intended!) in recent times?

Polmar and Moore's "Cold War Submarines" has detailed deck drawings of the proto Alfa sans-sail.