Junkers Ju 87 - Development, Variants , Related Projects

Here is an interesting overlay - my digitization of the Ju 87 airfoil from the Russian document, overlaid on a Ju 52 airfoil that I found measurements for in
BTW, this thesis contains an error - the Ju 52 flap is normally 2.5 deg nose down, not 0 deg.

Yellow is Ju 52, magenta is Ju 87. The coordinates are on a unit chord, to allow an overlay. As you can see, the airfoils are related, but not the same.
If I may add that this information can only be partial because I suppose it is the root profile, apart from the thickness of the profile which varies up to the salmon of the wing, its coordinates change most of the time. Ex. B-29 extreme wing airfoils ...Camber is crucial and can be scalable !..

Attachments

• b29root-il_l.png
    b29root-il_l.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 8
  • b29tip.gif
    b29tip.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi Tonton,

If I may add that this information can only be partial because I suppose it is the root profile, apart from the thickness of the profile which varies up to the salmon of the wing, its coordinates change most of the time. Ex. B-29 extreme wing airfoils ...Camber is crucial and can be scalable !..

I suppose the tip airfoil is also shown on the Russian diagram ... the caption is illegible, but you can see the washout consistent with the separate washout diagram. (Now that I think about it, one could probably calibrate the aspect ratio of the perspective-corrected diagram with that information.)

What is "salmon of the wing", by the way? I read this as "tip airfoil", but that was only a guess! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Tonton,

I suppose the tip airfoil is also shown on the Russian diagram ... the caption is illegible, but you can see the washout consistent with the separate washout diagram. (Now that I think about it, one could probably calibrate the aspect ratio of the perspective-corrected diagram with that information.)

What is "salmon of the wing", by the way? I read this as "tip airfoil", but that was only a guess! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
1688554286755.png
Dear Henning,

The "salmon" is red on this MH-152 Broussard. I used Reverso for translation but it wasn't a good idea !

Un petit dessin vaut mieux qu'un long discours ... (Napoléon) ;)

Tonton