The issue I was addressing was more the ability to actually get the aircraft back after suffering severe damage, not whether the crew felt motivated to do so. The latter was a given.

Granted, if you have all engines out or an uncontrollable fire consuming a wing, your only choices are taking silk (if you have it) or diving into your target (which you might do if you the pilot are mortally wounded and everyone else aboard is dead), but they're another matter, and the same thinking in the same situation might occur to any pilot from any nation.

Hi Hikoki,

I bought the second book on Japanese Secret Projects on the 20th July 2014 on Amazon. It has been over a month and i have still not received your book and it says 'Not Yet Dispatched'. I am troubled and curious to why it is taking so long? Is there problems with your book because as i have not been notified at all? I hope you can respond as soon as possible.

Regards Cherry

Attachments

• book not recieved.png
    book not recieved.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 298
CherryBlossom said:
Hi Hikoki,

I bought the second book on Japanese Secret Projects on the 20th July 2014 on Amazon. It has been over a month and i have still not received your book and it says 'Not Yet Dispatched'. I am troubled and curious to why it is taking so long? Is there problems with your book because as i have not been notified at all? I hope you can respond as soon as possible.

Regards Cherry
Oh!!
I realized this message in Japanese Amazon site.
一時的に在庫切れ; 入荷時期は未定です。(Temporarily out of stock; Arrival time is undecided.)

I'm getting messages like "Please confirm you still wish to receive this order as we can't find it and will cancel it if not available by October such-and-such". :(

Still 27 days to go according to the U.K. Bookdepository com ...

I don't think the book has been released yet, but I'm sure it's coming! Don't cancel your orders lads, it will be with us soon enough. :)

Hi!
http://www.crecy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=japanese+secret+project&osCsid=2f7b3c8223dae8988fe68bdfb30242e2&x=13&y=9

http://www.crecy.co.uk/japanese-secret-projects-experimental-aircraft-of-the-ija-ijn-19

Frequently requested and long-awaited, we are delighted to publish a second selection of fascinating, undisclosed Japanese aviation projects, including early pre-war designs, heavily illustrated with technical specification drawings and photographs. This is beautifully complemented by stunning colour renditions of the aircraft in combat and colour profiles of genuine markings and camouflage.

Not Again on Amazon.it , but when i have made the order was 22,93 € , i will not cancel my order just now ! :)

The last part of the book, the index, has been completed and turned in. So, chaps, it won't be long now!

Just a quick note that the book is finally at the printers and UK chaps will see it available mid-November. Specialty Press will be handling U.S. distribution which will occur in early 2015.

Also, Japanese Secret Projects 1 will be reprinted and will sport a new cover that matches JSP 2.

Hikoki1946 said:
Just a quick note that the book is finally at the printers and UK chaps will see it available mid-November. Specialty Press will be handling U.S. distribution which will occur in early 2015.

Also, Japanese Secret Projects 1 will be reprinted and will sport a new cover that matches JSP 2.

Good news the book is printing: :D bad news: Early 2015? :( :( :( ... I'll ve to wait .... thanks for the update

Hikoki1946 said:
And I've been trying to convince them to revise the JSP 2 cover to more closely resemble JSP 1!

I know but looks like it isn't to be. Since Crecy now owns all the secret project books...makes me wonder if they will change their covers if they do reprints.

gatoraptor said:
Hikoki1946 said:
And I've been trying to convince them to revise the JSP 2 cover to more closely resemble JSP 1!

I received follwing E-mail from Amazon.co.jp today.

Thank you for using Amazon.co.jp.
Although I feel sorry truly, arrival of goods of the following order goods has taken time, and the report scheduled day has not been decided yet.
Dyer III, Edwin M. "Japanese Secret Pojects: Experimental Aircraft of the Ija and Ijn 1939 - 1945, Book 2"
I apologize for the report scheduled day of order goods not being decided at present.
I am continuing adjustment so that we can announce the report scheduled day of goods to a visitor now.
Although I feel sorry truly, please understand after adjustment that I am allowed to cancel an order unavoidably when it becomes clear from a supplier that there is no hope of arrival of goods, or when number required exceeds the number of arrival of goods.
As soon as the report scheduled day of goods is decided, I announce you by E-mail.

Here is the dust jacket for JSP2.

Attachments

• 0614_Japanese Secret Projects_2_jkt_0914_5.jpg
    0614_Japanese Secret Projects_2_jkt_0914_5.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 224
Is JSP1 going to be re-released? I didn't have the coin when it first came out and the prices now are totally out of my pocket-book's range.

These look much better than I feared. I suppose that the entire secret projects series is bound to be reissued in the same presentation. Pretty cool.

Amazon canceled today my order because no availability ... :mad: :mad: :mad: What if I like to wait a bit more ?

According to the U.S. Amazon.com, JSP2 is expected to be in stock in January 2015. Crecy will be releasing it in the UK (and I'm guessing Europe) next month.

Hikoki1946 said:
According to the U.S. Amazon.com, JSP2 is expected to be in stock in January 2015. Crecy will be releasing it in the UK (and I'm guessing Europe) next month.

"Next month" as in November 2014? Or as in February 2015, the following month?

I was told by Crecy that JSP2 would be released in the UK this November 2014 with the U.S. release being January 2015 (at least according to Amazon.com).

I suspect the cancellations were due to the Ian Allan/Midland release date of August which was the anticipated publish date. Of course, their selling off Midland to Crecy pushed things back just a tad.

Skyblazer said:
Hikoki1946 said:

"Next month" as in November 2014? Or as in February 2015, the following month?

Nick Sumner said:
Is this book now available?

I'm ordered it from bookdepository yesterday with a good discount: $ 26.37.
I hope this can be here for Christmas!!!

They are delivering them in the UK. Received my copy on Thursday.
Ifor

Hi Hikoki1946!

Today my copy of vol. 2 arrived!! :) :) This is a nice x-mas gift to myswelf. Especially interesting ist the german-japanese aircraft (and weapons) axis (I never heard of a jap He-177 before) and the chapter about the nuclear research.
Btw.: I read on the back dustjacket "...the next volume in the series continues the story of the secret projects..." Does it mean, that there will be more volumes in the future. That´ll be great!!

Greetings from Germany
Athpilot

Hallo!

Believe it or not, I've yet to receive my copies of the finished book (they are are on the way, though). So, the draft of the dust jacket I have doesn't mention a third volume but only has the first volume on it. Not to say they haven't changed it since the draft I have.

Still, a third volume is certainly possible depending on how well the second volume does. More than enough aircraft left to make one with. ;D

athpilot said:
Hi Hikoki1946!

Today my copy of vol. 2 arrived!! :) :) This is a nice x-mas gift to myswelf. Especially interesting ist the german-japanese aircraft (and weapons) axis (I never heard of a jap He-177 before) and the chapter about the nuclear research.
Btw.: I read on the back dustjacket "...the next volume in the series continues the story of the secret projects..." Does it mean, that there will be more volumes in the future. That´ll be great!!

Greetings from Germany
Athpilot

Many thanks ED!
I get wonderful Christmas present today.
Much something to see for the first time for me is included in this book.
For example, Mokusei, Hitachi He-Type Bomber, Kawanishi K-100 colored side view drawing, colored three side view of Kawanishi KX-3 giant flying boat by our friend, colored side view of Kawanishi TB, mysterious H7Y1 2-side view drawing, G6M1, Nakajima B4N1 3 side view , etc.
Of course we need volume 3, we already get some materials for volume 3.
For example, Z-Koizumi, Z-Ohta, Z-final, Fugaku pressurized cabin designer’s impressive information, Nakajima seldom known pusher fighter, seldom known long range interceptor, seldom known 4 engine gun ship, Z-passenger transport(Koizumi factory design and Ohta factory design), Z-oil transport, seldom known flying boats (including my favorite glamour beauty Hiro H3H1 after modification type), seldom known seaplanes, twin engine Ki-73, Ki-65.Ki-91 with pressurized cabin, etc………
Of course we need many artistic impressions for these aircrafts.

blackkite said:
Many thanks ED!
I get wonderful Christmas present today.
Much something to see for the first time for me is included in this book.
For example, Mokusei, Hitachi He-Type Bomber, Kawanishi K-100 colored side view drawing, colored three side view of Kawanishi KX-3 giant flying boat by our friend, colored side view of Kawanishi TB, mysterious H7Y1 2-side view drawing, G6M1, Nakajima B4N1 3 side view , etc.
Of course we need volume 3, we already get some materials for volume 3.
For example, Z-Koizumi, Z-Ohta, Z-final, Fugaku pressurized cabin designer’s impressive information, Nakajima seldom known pusher fighter, seldom known long range interceptor, seldom known 4 engine gun ship, Z-passenger transport(Koizumi factory design and Ohta factory design), Z-oil transport, seldom known flying boats (including my favorite glamour beauty Hiro H3H1 after modification type), seldom known seaplanes, twin engine Ki-73, Ki-65.Ki-91 with pressurized cabin, etc………
Of course we need many artistic impressions for these aircrafts.

I agree with you Blackkite san there must be a part three and I cant wait to have my copy of part two!

Just received my copy of JSP:2 from Amazon here in Australia only to find that somewhere between the UK and here, I can only assume, it decided to catch some waves on a tropical beach. Surely there can be nothing more frustrating than receiving a book you have been waiting ages for only to find you can't even open the pages since they are fused together.
Heres hoping that the next (free) copy from Amazon gets here in a dry state and before Christmas!

Very sorry to hear of this! I can relate. In a former life, I used to be a Japanese comic (manga) re-seller in the U.S. and bought stock from a businessman in Yokohama who owned three comic/book shops. Of course, I shipped via sea to keep my cost down and after a month in transit, one of my boxes of books had been soaked by sea water. Thankfully, some of the contents had been salvageable but of course, some were total write-offs.

sallows01 said:
Just received my copy of JSP:2 from Amazon here in Australia only to find that somewhere between the UK and here, I can only assume, it decided to catch some waves on a tropical beach. Surely there can be nothing more frustrating than receiving a book you have been waiting ages for only to find you can't even open the pages since they are fused together.
Heres hoping that the next (free) copy from Amazon gets here in a dry state and before Christmas!