For All Mankind - Apple TV Series

HELIOS is company that produce fusion power plants, but not they use it as Engine to fly to Mars and goes for MethanLox instead ?

NASA Sojourner were to hell are its propellants tanks ?!

Soviet what oddball contraption are they launching ?

Nuclear Salt Water Rockets?
Dense enough to not need much in the way of tanks.

Last edited:
Yup... death rate among astronauts in that universe is quite... astronomical (baduum, tssss !)

That one hell of a huge solar sail.

Hoist the solar mainsail, yarrrrr ! NASA space pirates to the rescue of Mars 94, boarding the ship, YAAAAR !

Imagine my surprise when I saw the sail mechanisms rolled out and see the sails unfurled.

Probably the effects of watching so much Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur but Solar Sails is a concept I was very happy to see. Perfectly usable and achievable with modern tech of today and of the FOMK universe.

Now if they stuck with space based solar power and manufacturing instead of fusion, the hard science nerd in me would be much happier. I always feel that other such alternatives are constantly ignored in favor of the easy magic of fusion even hard sci-fi, regardless of the feasibility and many practicalities of such orbital power generation from a big natural source of fusion energy, i.e the Sun.

in background of Mars race, happen threatening development

in Middle East what USA abandon do no more need for Oil
n USA the rising unemployment in Mining and Petrochemical industry

Episode 4 show this clearly, The vice President even goes against the President,
Next to that common people follow wild conspiracy plots...
i wonder how will react President Ellen Wilson ? special if Vice President start to blackmail with her past !
i would not surprised if Wilson will shoot the unemployed Miners to Moon literally, to work in Lunar Mines...

Yes The Soviets made with Mars-94 a Ground launch WITH NUCLEAR ENGINE !!!

Episode 4 show this clearly, The vice President even goes against the President,
i wonder how will react President Ellen Wilson ? special if Vice President start to blackmail with her past !
i would not surprised if Wilson will shoot the unemployed Miners to Moon literally, to work in Lunar Mines...

When the nuclear engine is working, it spews blue flames
v2-c425bdfbd138cfcbc13845a077483cc6_r.jpg
So who knows what fuck happened when Mars 94 took off
v2-e12b600f1b350610cfa99a99e6d5fc78_r.jpg

Folks, they have mastered fusion engines, so those are much less radioactives (or maybe I'm completely wrong there ?)

Ah yes, if fusion is made to work, the oil industry can go fracking itself (what a lam pun, in passing) and thus - there will be blood.

Folks, they have mastered fusion engines, so those are much less radioactives (or maybe I'm completely wrong there ?)
Sadly totally wrong
Helios the company that build fusion reactors goes to Mars with Methanlox engines
While NASA SOVCOSMOS use a NERVA derivative...

Why ? Plot driven !
Had Used Helios - Fusion reactor they would be first and quite boring for Story !
currently the tension and thrill is high in Show do all three are slow moving to Mars...

NERVA derivative
Yep. The graphic here shows a NERVA-type and there's a line in the script about Mars 94 suffering a meltdown.

I'm rather disappointed with the design and technology in this season. After happily digging up (refloating?) the actual Sea Dragon study for season 2, they stretched plausibility quite a bit with Pathfinder but now there are some especially dubious decisions. If fusion has revolutionised the economy to the degree that it's causing mass unemployment in the fossil fuel industry, then why doesn't Sojourner at least have fusion engines? Its solar sail is beautiful but way too small to be practical.

The most egregious is Mars 94, which is apparently a nuclear fission SSTO (or SSTM!) with a semi-streamlined lower half and yet launched from Earth without any aerodynamic shroud for its upper half.

The actual Russian designs for 90s Mars spacecraft would still have been spectacular to see and they still could have written a script with a reactor malfunction.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 2.47.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 2.47.43 PM.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The hatch would give an indication of the diameter of the sphere and that could be a yardstick for the rest of Mars 94. The human figures can be a guide for Sojourner.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.59.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.59.51 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.53.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.53.02 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.00.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.00.25 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
You know what ? that thing looks like 2001 Discovery-1 habitation sphere, mated a R-7 / Soyuz rocket brutish shape. More generally, there are definitive 2010 Odyssey two vibes in that three-way race where the ships support each others.

The hatch would give an indication of the diameter of the sphere and that could be a yardstick for the rest of Mars 94.
Rough estimation is sphere around 12 meter in diameter
The core 20 meter diameter, maximum wide 24 meter with four engines.
Length around 90~120 meter

yes he show the middle finger, but read sign why...

FYJp71mUIAAvl3b

I haven't seen the last three episodes so far, but I predict that Balwin might come to the same faith at the end of this season like the character Bruce Willis plays in the movie Armageddon.:(

I FAK Season 4 turns into a cheap ripoff of Armaggeddon, I suggest Apple should be burned at the stake.
My guess is that it will be 2001-inspired. The essential theme of the series has been exploration, so it's likely that inner solar system settlement and industry will be depicted as ongoing and a crewed mission will be heading to Jupiter's moons or Titan.

... which reminds me, in For All Mankind, NASA only seems to be doing one thing at a time. What happened to Hubble, Voyager, and Galileo? I'd expect something in the background - photos on office walls and newspaper front pages for example. Maybe as in Stephen Baxter's novel, Voyage, the Mars programme has eaten the budget for unmanned probes, so while people make it to Mars, the outer planets remain 'lights in the sky'.

Last edited:
That was most crazy twist of TV History
North Koreans on MAARRRRRSSSSS

There proposals on One man Mission to Moon and later return
I have no idea if this here is such mission or crazy suicide Mission (by the way why has NKorea nothing say about this ?)
final Episode will be Tragic: Popeye can only carry limit of person to Phoenix
and one of them is Korean with a Gun...

That was most crazy twist of TV History
North Koreans on MAARRRRRSSSSS

There proposals on One man Mission to Moon and later return
I have no idea if this here is such mission or crazy suicide Mission (by the way why has NKorea nothing say about this ?)
final Episode will be Tragic: Popeye can only carry limit of person to Phoenix
and one of them is Korean with a Gun...

My prediction:
- NK landed first, but screwed it up and covered it up
- NK can't return from Mars, leaving their 1 guy stranded
- NK has the methane that everyone needs to fuel the MSAM
- BONUS: There were more NK crew but the one guy left ate them, Danny thinks this sounds pretty good and stays on Mars to eat any leftovers