First thing to ask is whether those values are actually correct...
OK, right.
When I first looked it up I got approx. 60 MMH/FH, which is comparable to F-35/F-22.
I have now seen other sources which state approx. 10-20 MMH/FH, which is comparable to Gripen/Rafale.

Is MMH/FH a subjective quantity, depending on who measures it, or the maintenance crews involved ?

It makes aircrft reliability/availability difficult to ascertain.
 
Is MMH/FH a subjective quantity, depending on who measures it, or the maintenance crews involved ?
Not forgetting the quality of the maintenance work. Spending 20 man-hours to do a 1 man-hour job isn't smart, but nor is not doing it at all because it's only preventative maintenance, not essential.
 
Is MMH/FH a subjective quantity, depending on who measures it, or the maintenance crews involved ?
Yes. Lots of UK sourced numbers end up being "fully burdened" to try to account for the entirety of linked activities/costs e.g. security for the base they are operating from, depreciation of assets etc. Whereas others quote a "marginal" number that is very restricted in what it includes by comparison.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom