and maybe the original poster could revise his oh-so-smart thread title "help me" to make it useful, before one of the mods needs to do it instead...

Guday way back in about 1966-67 I was in the RAAF and stationed at Vic barracks on St Kilda Rd. I managed to arrange a visit to CAC at Fishermans Bend. In wsas taken on a tour by a RAAF rep. I saw parts for Mirages, Atar engines being constructed and the beginnings of manufacture of Macchi parts. I was taken up to a upper floor workshop by and external staircase and looked inside. I wasn't allowed in though. What I saw, as i now know from this page, was the mock up of the proposed CAC CA31. I was told at the time not to ssay a word to anyone as it was still secret. I have kept that promise but I always wondered what happened to the design. Nopw I know thanks for the info. Fascinating.

Does anyone have anything on the XP-76 (converted/based Winjeel) and CA-28 agricultural aircraft beyond the line drawings posted earlier?

Does anyone have anything on the XP-76 (converted/based Winjeel) and CA-28 agricultural aircraft beyond the line drawings posted earlier?

From Air Enthusiast.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 134
What exactly do you want to know Zac? There is a lot in the following books:

Attachments

• BooksBox2.jpeg
    BooksBox2.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 71MVWZHmhkL.jpg
    71MVWZHmhkL.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have copies of Keith and Derek's books! Maybe I should petition my local library...

I didn't even click that the Ceres was the CA-28, how could I forget! I was referring to this profile posted by hesham in this post which was labelled CA-28:
51791795372_01b3e5781f.jpg

And the ag Winjeels (XP76?) cropped from a drawing hesham shared here:
51793489305_dff92f0693_b.jpg

For modelbuilding purposes I'm curious if there are any other drawings out there.

I would love to have copies of Keith and Derek's books! Maybe I should petition my local library...

I didn't even click that the Ceres was the CA-28, how could I forget! I was referring to this profile posted by hesham in this post which was labelled CA-28:
51791795372_01b3e5781f.jpg

And the ag Winjeels (XP76?) cropped from a drawing hesham shared here:
51793489305_dff92f0693_b.jpg

For modelbuilding purposes I'm curious if there are any other drawings out there.
Both lower proposals look like modified CAC-25 Winjeel trainers (1955 to 1995). Prior to the 1960s, the bulk of agricultural airplanes were converted from military-surplus airframes.
That turbo-prop version will need a much larger fin for yaw stability.

Both lower proposals look like modified CAC-25 Winjeel trainers (1955 to 1995). Prior to the 1960s, the bulk of agricultural airplanes were converted from military-surplus airframes.
That turbo-prop version will need a much larger fin for yaw stability.
I think the first would be a fairly straightforward conversion. I'm an agplane aficionado so it would be need to see one alongside Tiger Moths, Ceres, Fletcher FU-24s etc.

71MVWZHmhkL.jpg
A friend was kind enough to lend me his copy of this book and it is truly stunning. It also answers the questions I had about the projects mentioned earlier. I think it's about time I got my own copy.

I have the articles you were referring to.
You can find more information about these projects at the Moorabbin air Museum, some of the stuff CAC came up with is pretty wild. Worth a look. There is some promotional material for the xp 65, including cockpit lay out ECT . If anyone is interested just contact the Museum they are great people who love aircraft and are all volunteers. I don't get to Melbourne very often but it excellent.

You can find more information about these projects at the Moorabbin air Museum, some of the stuff CAC came up with is pretty wild. Worth a look. There is some promotional material for the xp 65, including cockpit lay out ECT . If anyone is interested just contact the Museum they are great people who love aircraft and are all volunteers. I don't get to Melbourne very often but it excellent.

Hi Wondera,

I am interesting to find more of them ?!.

It has been a few years since I have been there - will have to drop in again the next time I get a chance.

Other interceptor proposals from CAC included:

This was followed by a Rocket (probably using similar motors to the Bell X-1) powered interceptor, the XP-47. It was to be armed with six 3inch Oerlikon or Mighty Mouse type rockets:
XP-47.jpg

Regards,

Greg
Found a few extras the middle interceptor was a 1953 project.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820-101447.png
    Screenshot_20230820-101447.png
    913.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20230820-101501.png
    Screenshot_20230820-101501.png
    944.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230820-101727.png
    Screenshot_20230820-101727.png
    910.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230820-101734.png
    Screenshot_20230820-101734.png
    918.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230820-101830.png
    Screenshot_20230820-101830.png
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 64
Got a bit of a Jack pot on dimensions and development of the CAC CA-23
It also has the original proposal, I might have to folk over some $ to get some of the other reports published.
It has (MOS) British Ministry of Supply analysis. Looks like they were keen on killing the project, the Brits always wanted Australia to be another client state
for their production.

Attachments

• ShowImage (7).jpg
    ShowImage (7).jpg
    455 KB · Views: 65
  • ShowImage (6).jpg
    ShowImage (6).jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 71
  • ShowImage.jpg
    ShowImage.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 97