Scott Kenny
ACCESS: USAP
- Joined
- 15 May 2023
- Messages
- 19,795
- Reaction score
- 28,381
Details like this post are why I love this forum!Im glad too see someone point this out. The B wing sacrificed significant general aircraft performance to achieve its payload and range increase. [...]
I'd wondered why the SHAR never got the new wing.
But I kinda disagree with one of your conclusions.
A huge waste of money to give the B/GR7/GR9 150nmi more combat radius?However when you really dig into the numbers the B program seems like a huge waste of money. The AV-8B can only carry the exact same payload as the AV-8A about 300 more nautical miles. To cover the same distance it also has to use more fuel.
Press F to doubt.
This one I agree with.There are no advantages in the fighter role for the B over the Shar.