• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

VTOL On Demand Mobility

Zootycoon

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
ESA’s funding of such a flawed concept is mysterious;- one wonders as to the ethics, because although relatively small, it provided the credibility for the high net worth individuals.

I understand the majority of the investment to date, has come from a chap who’s normally used to dealing the cards.

fredymac

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I wonder if Bell Flight has talked to these people. Plus they are located in Texas.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
“[Urban air mobility] with pilots will happen way before you will get anything delivered in your backyard,” Moore told a panel discussion at Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California on 29 January. “Autonomous flight is really hard. Having a pilot in the vehicle makes a huge difference in terms of the regulatory environment.”

It's probably where primes will soldier to dominate the market despite the plethora of competitors and the short flight time making efficiency a minor variable to make a difference.

Moose

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I think the end of the article is possibly the most telling. The small drone makers are dominated by Chinese money because US investors, private and government, were too focused on big drones and ignored the market for too long. Now USAF wants money in with VTOL mobility companies, even if they don't have a clearly defined requirement yet, to avoid a similar outcome.