SAM-SLAM summer series continues.

The strike was carried out using 5 ATACMS ballistic missiles.Losses:
• 2 S-300/400 air defense missile launchers were destroyed;
• 1 S-300/400 air defense missile launcher was damaged;
• Radar “96L6E” was destroyed;
• The control center of the S-300/400 air defense system was destroyed;

Interesting little bit of info. The radar was actually a 96L6-TsP, which some S-400s now use. It is associated with the new S-500 and has been upgraded from cheese board to cheese grater here.

Alleged 3,500km detection range.

View: https://x.com/GuyPlopsky/status/1793648233828450311

View: https://x.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1793891915727073694

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUl9iz_A_Sc

1716576620433.png

Last edited:

As Ukrainian's second-largest city has been pounded by Russian missile, glide bomb and artillery strikes, officials in Kyiv have begged the U.S. to allow the use of donated long-range weapons to strike back across the border, into Russia directly. Now that is going to happen.
In a major policy shift, the Biden administration “recently” approved Ukraine’s use of U.S.-supplied weapons on Russian territory, but only near Kharkiv, two U.S. officials confirmed to The War Zone. Ukraine has long been barred by the U.S. from using weapons it has donated against targets in Russia proper.
“The President recently directed his team to ensure that Ukraine is able to use U.S.-supplied weapons for counter-fire purposes in the Kharkiv region so Ukraine can hit back against Russian forces that are attacking them or preparing to attack them," a U.S. official told The War Zone. "Our policy with respect to prohibiting the use of [Army Tactical Missile System] ATACMS or long range strikes inside of Russia has not changed.”

Germany follows suit:

Last edited:
I forsee a large increase in smoking accidents.
The question is how 'preparing an attack' will be interpreted. I think it's a given that ground based artillery, MLRS and tactical missile launchers plus supporting personnel, equipment, field depots and troop deployment areas will be covered by this, but is an Su-34 being loaded up with glide bombs at an airfield not also preparing an attack? That's the question. Certainly once they're in the air Ukraine will be able to hit them with SAMs before they launch now at least. But there's certainly a grey area around the 'preparing to attack' clause.

The question is how 'preparing an attack' will be interpreted. I think it's a given that ground based artillery, MLRS and tactical missile launchers plus supporting personnel, equipment, field depots and troop deployment areas will be covered by this, but is an Su-34 being loaded up with glide bombs at an airfield not also preparing an attack? That's the question. Certainly once they're in the air Ukraine will be able to hit them with SAMs before they launch now at least. But there's certainly a grey area around the 'preparing to attack' clause.
I think that Ukraine is going to take the widest possible interpretation and smack anything that looks like it might be aimed at them. Which is basically everything the Russian military has. Because it is.

I think that Ukraine is going to take the widest possible interpretation and smack anything that looks like it might be aimed at them. Which is basically everything the Russian military has. Because it is.
Question is whether they're allowed to do that, but some cross-border capability is better than none though.

Honestly doesn’t look that bad. There doesn’t seem to have been a secondary fire.

They haven't shown the damage below decks and as for a secondary fire I'd only expect that to happen if the warhead had detonated inside one of the ferry's fuel-bunkers and/or if it was carrying ammunition.

They haven't shown the damage below decks and as for a secondary fire I'd only expect that to happen if the warhead had detonated inside one of the ferry's fuel-bunkers and/or if it was carrying ammunition.

There’s plenty of things on a ship that will burn outside of fuel and munitions. Those are just the hardest to come back from. It isn’t like this platform would have much of a crew or damage control, but also a ballistic missile does not deliver unused jet fuel to a target the way most any sea skimmer would.

While the damage appears to be superficial as I've said we haven't seen below decks footage and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the ship's hull has suffered serious structural damage rendering it unseaworthy.

While the damage appears to be superficial as I've said we haven't seen below decks footage and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the ship's hull has suffered serious structural damage rendering it unseaworthy.

Eh, it still floats. Could go either way.

Moscow Times has published this, although I'm not sure they have the correct end of the stick. I'm not sure the 'longer-ranged ATACMS' can be used based on other sources, although whether than means no 300km ATACMS or no 165km or 300km ATACMS I'm not sure. However, it would be difficult to resist targeting Iskander-Ms about to launch on Kyiv off their Eastern border.

1717231908251.png

GPALNmpWQAEtCVB

Image reportedly of the magazine detonation of the Karakurt-class corvette Tsiklon after being struck by a unitary warhead ATACMs.

Last edited: