Various Focke-Wulf projects

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
was the flitzer actualy proposed for the volksjäger?
Yes, although it was apparently submitted too late to be given serious consideration.

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
that was the bmw 003 variant?
You've not seen the contemporary drawing which shows the Focke-Wulf Volksflugzeug next to the Einheits-T-L-Jaeger? I'm sure I posted a version of it somewhere hereabouts which shows that the Peterle was also included. If not, yes, Focke-Wulf offered three designs for Volksjaeger - the conventional layout Volksflugzeug either with swept wings or straight and a BMW 003, the Flitzer with BMW 003 (upgradable to the 011 in the future without major fuselage changes, which was the Einheits-T-L-Jaeger), and the PTL-powered Peterle. It was all in vain though, because the Heinkel P 1073 had been chosen as the winner even before the competition got started, much to the annoyance of Richard Vogt, since all reasonably impartial observers thought that his Blohm & Voss P 211 design was better.

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
heinkel lobbying and from what Vogt say,they didn't seem to have look to the Siebel and project(sorry for my english,still french).