Various Aichi projects

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

please see the entry by Boogey: I need help with Aichi A.M.20 (C4A1) and Aichi A.M.26 (B8A1 "Mokusei"). Do you have pics, drawing or technical data for this projects?

Servus Maveric

...the link to Boogey´s entry: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6691.0.html

Maveric

The Aichi KT-98 never existed not even on the drawing board.
More info about in Boogey's entry...

There was only the mock-up of Aichi C4A1
13 Shi experimental fast reconnaissance aircraft
built by Aichi under factory designation AM-20.
Development of the project was relinquished as the Kaigun Koku Hombu decided to order
the Mitsubishi C5M airplanes instead.
Aichi C4A1 was one-engined, two-seat ( pilot + gunner ) low-wing monoplane
with retractable undercarriage, all-metal construction with fabric covered ailerons and rudders.
The aircraft has to be powered by 14-cylinder Mitsubishi MK2A Zuisei 12 ( Ha-31-12 ) air-cooled radial engine
of 643 kW start power and 574 kW at 3600 m. Changeable pitch two-bladed propeller.
No datas about dimensions. Armament : one Type 92 7,7 mm machine gun.

There was only the initial project of Aichi B8A1 Mokusei
20 Shi experimental special torpedo - bomber aircraft
made to specification No 20 Shi calling for development of the Aichi B7A2 Ryusei.
The plane had to be faster, more nimble and manoeuvreable
and had to have smaller dimensions. Project was designated AM-26 by the Aichi factory
and was stopped 'cause of Japan capitulation.
The aircraft has to be powered by 18-cylinder Mitsubishi MK9A-Ru ( Ha-43-12 ) air-cooled radial engine
of 1618 kW start power, 1567 kW at 1800 m. and 1265 kW at 9500 m. Changeable pitch four-bladed propeller.
No datas about dimensions. Armament : two Type 5 30 mm cannons in wings
and one Type 2 13 mm gunner's machine gun + various combinations up to 800 kg of bombs
or 800 kg torpedo.

Unfortunately I have no photos or drafts and I'm myself looking for them :)

Thank you my dear Blackkite,

has anyone a drawing to Aichi AB-11 dive bomber and AB-12G night
recce seaplane projects ?.

blackkite said:
Kawanishi did not perform actual design for F1K1."

In 1935 Kawanishi received ( with Aichi and Mitsubishi ) the 10 Shi request for an observation floatplane
and the initial project was made, designated the Kawanishi F1K1 experimental observation floatplane.
All metal one-engined biplane on floats, fabric covered control surfaces, 820 hp Nakajima Hikari 1 radial engine, two-blades metal propeller, armament : three 7,7 mm.

@ hesham Here You are ... Aichi AB-11 and Aichi AB-12 G.
I'm surprized myself, 'cause AB-12 G apears as a monoplane with the designation AB.

Attachments

• Aichi AB-12 G.jpg
    Aichi AB-12 G.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 463
  • Aichi AB-11.jpg
    Aichi AB-11.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 423
...and also from the A.M.16 ???

Hi Boogey, do you have some technical data for the A.B.11?

Thanks Maveric

Maveric said:
...and also from the A.M.16 ???

Hi Boogey, do you have some technical data for the A.B.11?

Thanks Maveric
@ hesham No Aichi AM-15 drawnings at the time, but I'll look for You.

@ Maveric Unfortunately no technical datas, only dimensions and the engine description :
- engine : 9-cylinder radial Nakajima Kotobuki 2 Kai 1 427 kW ;
- span : 11,4 m ;
- lenght : 9,4 m ;
- height : 3,8 m.

From the Aichi designations thread, a picture supposed to depict the B8A Mokusei ("Jupiter"):

index.php

A bigger version of this picture can be found there:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6691.15.html

Hi,

Japanese Navy ordered a new carrier-based dive bomber from 1943,but later cancelled,it was in "D" class,any more Info ?.

Hi,

Japanese Navy ordered a new carrier-based dive bomber from 1943,but later cancelled,it was in "D" class,any more Info ?.

Dear Snark,

I know this Yokosuka concept,and may it was called D5Y,but I am not sure about its designation,for
the Aichi dive-bomber Project was different.
Hi Hesham

Sorry I wasn't more help. I've learned a lot from your prolific postings. Thanks a lot! Harry

Hi Hesham

Sorry I wasn't more help. I've learned a lot from your prolific postings. Thanks a lot! Harry

Hi Harry,

the aircraft which you referred to it had one 13mm gun,but the Aichi design had a two 20mm,mounted
in each wing.

Also,

for 18-shi,Aichi designed a carrier-based attack aircraft of 1943,project.

Hi Hesham

Hi Harry,

the aircraft which you referred to it had one 13mm gun,but the Aichi design had a two 20mm,mounted
in each wing.

Explanation,

Wakusei is a carrier-based bomber designed by the Imperial Japanese Navy. The actual machine has not been manufactured. Also, the name is tentative [1] and has not yet been given an abbreviation.
overview
A long-distance carrier-based bomber planned as a new carrier-based bomber ordered by Aichi Aircraft around the end of 1943 ( Showa 18). In the summer of 1944 (Showa 19), the plan was canceled due to the effects of consolidation of the planned machines, etc. [1][2]. Nakajima "Homare" is scheduled to be equipped with an air-cooled double-row star-type 18-cylinder engine, and is designed to surpass the carrier-based attack aircraft "Ryusei" in terms of speed performance and lightness. Armed with 20mm machine guns on both wings [2].
In addition, the details of how the plan was born and the details of the aircraft are unknown as of 2010 [3]. There are many unclear and ambiguous points, such as the plan having been planned despite the fact that the background of the plan is unknown, and the plan being cancelled. Please note that there is no explicit reference to the source.

I don't think so. The only "D4" aircraft was the Yokosuka D4Y Suisei (Judy).

Or a competitor aircraft project,

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 38