I just discovered that the Georgian Air Force had a new roundel and that the paint of the Su-25 is now "low visibility" grey.
Has anyone seen other pictures of these Su-25 in this scheme ?
For my part, these are the only I could see.
Georgian Su-25UB (22) on ground (before June 2022).jpg
Georgian Su-25 (18) & Su-25UB (21) over Vaziani MB (30 Avril 2022).jpeg

Last edited:
MOSCOW, March 27. /tass/. The Ministry of Defense of Russia has published footage of combat sorties of pilots of Su-25 attack aircraft of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation when performing fire missions to destroy armored vehicles and military infrastructure of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) during a special military operation.

MOSCOW, March 27. /tass/. The Ministry of Defense of Russia has published footage of combat sorties of pilots of Su-25 attack aircraft of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation when performing fire missions to destroy armored vehicles and military infrastructure of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) during a special military operation.

Interesting, this is the first time I see Su-25s using S-8 rockets in Ukraine.

It is a shame, because we cannot see the roundels of the Su-25. Nothing says its nationality.
How do we know if he is Ukrainian or Russian ? :)
It still amazes me that UkrAF still has Frogfoots, because as far as I know, they only had 15/20 of them at the beginning of the war ?

Another Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force was destroyed today. This is the 405 aircraft since the beginning of the Special Operation

405 is much more than the complete operational strength of the Ukrainian air force at the start of the full-scale war...

Another Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force was destroyed today. This is the 405 aircraft since the beginning of the Special Operation

405 is much more than the complete operational strength of the Ukrainian air force at the start of the full-scale war...
This may include aircraft that were destroyed on the ground, but were not in flying condition. There are a lot of MiG-29, Su-25, 27 & more out of service in Ukraine. But seen from the sky, they can appear in good condition.
During the Yugoslavian war, more MiG-29s were claimed destroyed than were present. This was the fault of the wooden decoys.

Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force and their maintenance at one of the air bases in the south of Ukraine.

Attachments

• photo_2023-03-27_17-46-22 (2).jpg
    photo_2023-03-27_17-46-22 (2).jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 65
  • photo_2023-03-27_17-46-22.jpg
    photo_2023-03-27_17-46-22.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 71
  • photo_2023-03-27_17-46-23 (2).jpg
    photo_2023-03-27_17-46-23 (2).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 79
  • photo_2023-03-27_17-46-23.jpg
    photo_2023-03-27_17-46-23.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 84
Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force and their maintenance at one of the air bases in the south of Ukraine.
Wahoo, these are historic images !!! This is the first time I see good pictures of the UkrAF Frogfoot during the war. :D
The identification marks are interesting.
It can be seen that the aircraft in the third photo was recently put back into service, as it does not have the usual pre-war camouflage.
What is the source of these images ?

Interesting. I wonder how they launch them.
My guess is since there is no ballistic charts in ASP analog computer they're using "Сетка" mode and do he calculatins manually.
But since that both sides enjoy using Su-25 as a pseudo-MRLS, this might not be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they censored out the pods under the wing of that Su-25. If it was just a couple of Zuni pods, that wouldn't seem necessary.

OTOH, the Zunis as built up there clearly do not have laser guidance, so probably not a designator pod. Presumably there is something else hanging on that Su-25 that would be of interest.

Interesting that they censored out the pods under the wing of that Su-25. If it was just a couple of Zuni pods, that wouldn't seem necessary.

OTOH, the Zunis as built up there clearly do not have laser guidance, so probably not a designator pod. Presumably there is something else hanging on that Su-25 that would be of interest.
EW pod type maybe.

Azerbaijans SU-25M underwent weapons systems modernisation in Turkey, seen in the image below carrying KGK-82 wing assisted glide bombs
FvwcRiGWAAIfmbq

Another angle, may help; Note, photos were taken during Anatolian Eagle exercise
645b626abd852.jpg

Ah, there we are. Looks to be some variation of the Belarussian Talisman system. The endcaps are different shape/color, so probably there are some changes to the antennas behind them, but the general configuration is right (down to the tabs for mounting AAMs under the pod)

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/azerbaijan/comments/qtvvwo/azerbaijani_su25_fitted_with_bombs_with_laser/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3IsXusG1HU&ab_channel=RonaldCohn

More :

Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Does anyone know the maker and nomenclature of the on-board radio set used in the Su-25SM3? The control panel of the radio seems to be located on the port side panel, slightly below the MFD's red cover.

246116.jpg