Russian carrier aircraft designs of the 1940s

prototypes and projects of naval soviet carried aircraft

Anyone know something about prototypes and projects of naval soviet carried aircraft for aicraft - carrier projected by Urss until the end of ww2 ?

Re: prototypes and projects of naval soviet carried aircraft

Much more speculative and fictitious stuff than real. This one, while intended for after the war, was probably designed during the war. Reminds me of a Russian B7A "Grace"

Attachments

• PT-1M-82 project by I.Chetvericov.jpg_thumb.jpg
    PT-1M-82 project by I.Chetvericov.jpg_thumb.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 398
  • Chetverykov PT-1.jpg_thumb.jpg
    Chetverykov PT-1.jpg_thumb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 404
  • PTI  2.JPG
    PTI 2.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 274
  • PTI.jpg_thumb.jpg
    PTI.jpg_thumb.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 415

This is speculative.

Attachments

• 440px-R-5T-seriinyi.jpg
    440px-R-5T-seriinyi.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 500px-ShON.jpg
    500px-ShON.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 254

i have found more on http://alternathistory.com/blogs/serg - using Google Chrome for translate from russian language but i suppose are most of " what if " :-[

More : http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,356.0/all.html

Topics merged, thank you !

Twin-engine carrier-based torpedo bomber PT-82
Design I.V.Chetverikov. (OKB-№256 of Plant No. 458)
The wingspan is 18.5 m, length of 14.9 m.
Engine 2 x ASH-82
The crew of 2-3 people
Created in the year 1944-45 (at the stage of the preliminary project) under developed at the TsNII-45 new aircraft carrier "project-No. 72" : the displacement was to reach 28 800 tons, power plant capacity to 144,000 HP, a maximum speed of 30 knots, aircraft carrier group was to include 30 aircraft.

In " Stalin's Ocean Going Fleets" at page 152 it speak also about a Navalized Yak-9K and about torpedo bomber Tupolev PT-M-71. I am disappointed by few little informations about naval soviet aircraft pre-1945 , i hope in future we will discover more about it.

Last edited:

This is speculative.
I seem to remember that the ShON was a counter-insurgency ground-attack airplane for use in the Caucasus and Soviet Central Asia. The wings folded for rail transport.

Here’s a (suspicious) Russian-language transcription of a book on the failed carrier powers. (Google translate it.) At the bottom, there are some specifications of Soviet aircraft specifications for the Chernyshev commission carriers.

This is speculative.
I seem to remember that the ShON was a counter-insurgency ground-attack airplane for use in the Caucasus and Soviet Central Asia. The wings folded for rail transport.
The ShON (ШОН) was a modification of the LSh-1 attack aircraft (the counter-insurgency aircraft you mentioned). It was planned for the Komsomolets CVL (converted training ship (Okean), but never used.
“SHON(TsKB-23)(1932) - attack aircraft for special purposes. SHON was planned to be used as a carrier-based aircraft for an aircraft carrier intended for construction. In particular, there was a project to re-equip the Komsomolets training ship into a training aircraft carrier. SHON featured a rear-folding biplane wing box for ease of storage and transportation, and its chassis was made in the form of an exploded pyramid without a transverse axis for a possible torpedo suspension. Reservation only from below, armament consisted of eight PV-1 machine guns installed in the floor of the second cabin. The machine guns were mounted on a special rotating installation for firing forward, down and backward. The deck-based attack aircraft was tested in 1932, but the creation of aircraft carriers was abandoned, so the SHON had no further continuation.”

I had a few other sources, but I cannot find them at the moment.

This is a commission that offers technical specifications for aircraft carriers. Only the project of the Yakovlev Yak-9K aircraft is specified.