That's my first thought, yes.Elektrik Motoren?
With the advent of the V12Z 42/58 there should be no reason for steam turbine systems in long-range designs - or at least not a full steam system. Maybe there were machinery space size considerations, which I suppose would fall under cost-effectiveness.I can only assume that turbine variant was designed for to be cost effective, would be unusual for a long range "trade-destroyer" to having such short legs.
Given that electric motors are in the turbine rooms, I can't think of anything else. The one forward of the boiler rooms threw me off, but I suppose a dedicated room for generation ships' power should be included.Maybe an attempt to create a Turbo-Electric Drive? Though that was heavy but economical
Nothing much.Likely auxiliary electric generators with diesel engines. Aren't the text tells anything more?
Panzerschiff F as envisioned by Raeder would displaced at 25,000 tons and armed with 30.5cm guns, just a couple next pages.I'm currently trying multiple angles to get information on Panzerschiff F
Don't forget another variants with eight or nine 21cm guns, these proposals are only possible if not for the existance of Dunkerque.The first is for a Panzerschiff armed with 3x3 24cm guns in a AB-X configuration and a speed of approximately 30 kts.
Were these proposals for B, or were they early C?Don't forget another variants with eight or nine 21cm guns, these proposals are only possible if not for the existance of Dunkerque.
I also know that the Secretary of the Navy asked for a design for a 6-gun 10-inch Cruiser, though I don't know the layout of, if it was even decided. That request is next on my list of archive requests, followed by the sketches of 8000t cruisers with 2x2 11"/50 and 12"/50. That is after the Navy War College's Reciprocal Cruiser, which I'll also post to the forums when found.
If you mean Cruiser projects with larger calibre than 8", than there were a few:Does anyone else know of any other counties that wanted or designed Panzerschiff-esque ships of their own?
The first design was made to re-use the existing turrets from Espana-class dreadnoughts. The second was made under the idea of buying from Germany triple 280-mm turrets, removed from Gneisenau.For instance, the Spanish had an armored cruiser design with 3x2 12" guns, which I personally won't consider a Panzerschiffe-style, but one that was most certainly influenced by it. The revised designed of the same ship that proposed 2x3 11" guns (1 each, fore and aft), which might have been taken from Gneisenau upon completion of his upgunning, though, I would.