I can only assume that turbine variant was designed for to be cost effective, would be unusual for a long range "trade-destroyer" to having such short legs.

I can only assume that turbine variant was designed for to be cost effective, would be unusual for a long range "trade-destroyer" to having such short legs.
With the advent of the V12Z 42/58 there should be no reason for steam turbine systems in long-range designs - or at least not a full steam system. Maybe there were machinery space size considerations, which I suppose would fall under cost-effectiveness.

Maybe an attempt to create a Turbo-Electric Drive? Though that was heavy but economical

Maybe an attempt to create a Turbo-Electric Drive? Though that was heavy but economical
Given that electric motors are in the turbine rooms, I can't think of anything else. The one forward of the boiler rooms threw me off, but I suppose a dedicated room for generation ships' power should be included.

Likely auxiliary electric generators with diesel engines. Aren't the text tells anything more?