Northrop F-23A (Updated 16-11-03)

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Updated

This is updated artwork for the F-23A illustrations I did for Scott Lowther's APR article. Ogami mushashi had noticed some errors in the top view of the F-23A, so I finally got around to updating it. All views were updated. I'll probably do some updates for the NATF as well. I added the side profile comparison update as well.

If you wish to copy these images to your website, you must do so with the following attributions;

Image courtesy of;
Artwork by Ken Scott
Original drawings courtesy of Scott Lowther at www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
www.secretprojects.co.uk for being a repository for this information
Bob Sandusky and the Northrop-McDonnell Douglas ATF design team

This artwork may not be sold or used for profit without my express permission; Scott Lowther is the exception and may use the artwork as he pleases and I will provide it in a higher resolution if necessary.

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Superb drawing!

What a beautiful machine it was!

NeilChapman

Interested 3rd party
Reaction score
Always have the same reaction when I see this beautiful plane. Thank you so much for sharing!

_Del_

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
It's okay, I guess, ... if you're into artwork of beautiful aircraft...

Thanks for sharing!

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Awesomeness

thefrecklepuny

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Not bad at all!!! Interesting to see the curvature under the belly compared to the flat YF-23. Also of note is the inflight refuelling receptacle in the wing root!

Ogami musashi

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
lantinian said:
Cool Stuff indeed.
Hopefully this will invigorate the community to get around and finish a 3D model ;)
There're three but true none of them are free to use. You have stuka's one, Tommow (tommow.deviantart.com) and Citrus90 ones.

Nice work sundog, i wonder if you didn't mistake black kite for me? I did point to you few mistakes on the original drawings (especially the nacelles alignment) :)

Sundog

Reaction score
Ogami musashi said:
lantinian said:
Cool Stuff indeed.
Hopefully this will invigorate the community to get around and finish a 3D model ;)
There're three but true none of them are free to use. You have stuka's one, Tommow (tommow.deviantart.com) and Citrus90 ones.

Nice work sundog, i wonder if you didn't mistake black kite for me? I did point to you few mistakes on the original drawings (especially the nacelles alignment) :)
You are correct, sir. I've updated the original post.

Sundog

Reaction score
BTW, thank you for all of the kind comments and sorry for getting off track with regard to the A-12, etc.

Sundog

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the first image was recently updated. There was a highlight error on the upper forward fuselage spine that has been corrected.