Northrop F-23A (Updated 16-11-03)

Sundog

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Updated

This is updated artwork for the F-23A illustrations I did for Scott Lowther's APR article. Ogami mushashi had noticed some errors in the top view of the F-23A, so I finally got around to updating it. All views were updated. I'll probably do some updates for the NATF as well. I added the side profile comparison update as well.

If you wish to copy these images to your website, you must do so with the following attributions;

Image courtesy of;
Artwork by Ken Scott
Original drawings courtesy of Scott Lowther at www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
www.secretprojects.co.uk for being a repository for this information
Bob Sandusky and the Northrop-McDonnell Douglas ATF design team

This artwork may not be sold or used for profit without my express permission; Scott Lowther is the exception and may use the artwork as he pleases and I will provide it in a higher resolution if necessary.

F-23A-2.jpg

N-ATF-3C.jpg

Superb drawing!

What a beautiful machine it was!

Always have the same reaction when I see this beautiful plane. Thank you so much for sharing!

It's okay, I guess, ... if you're into artwork of beautiful aircraft...

Thanks for sharing!

Not bad at all!!! Interesting to see the curvature under the belly compared to the flat YF-23. Also of note is the inflight refuelling receptacle in the wing root!

Cool Stuff indeed.
Hopefully this will invigorate the community to get around and finish a 3D model ;)

lantinian said:
Cool Stuff indeed.
Hopefully this will invigorate the community to get around and finish a 3D model ;)
There're three but true none of them are free to use. You have stuka's one, Tommow (tommow.deviantart.com) and Citrus90 ones.

Nice work sundog, i wonder if you didn't mistake black kite for me? I did point to you few mistakes on the original drawings (especially the nacelles alignment) :)

Ogami musashi said:
lantinian said:
Cool Stuff indeed.
There're three but true none of them are free to use. You have stuka's one, Tommow (tommow.deviantart.com) and Citrus90 ones.

Nice work sundog, i wonder if you didn't mistake black kite for me? I did point to you few mistakes on the original drawings (especially the nacelles alignment) :)

You are correct, sir. I've updated the original post.

BTW, thank you for all of the kind comments and sorry for getting off track with regard to the A-12, etc.

Just an FYI, the first image was recently updated. There was a highlight error on the upper forward fuselage spine that has been corrected.