Mukhamedov OKB - Military, Civil and VTOL concepts

Now it makes sense! The Dorna, the MiG connection... Mukhamedov all the way through.

Are the other Eurasia designs also his? Or did he use Eurasia like MiG or others at one point just to promote his fighter design?

overscan said:
In the period from 1994 to 1999, EDO has developed a technical proposal and preliminary design for training aircraft M-AT/XX1, built a full-size mock airplane and started to produce a working design documentation.

Does it mean that the mockup that we saw in Iranian TV was built in Russia by Mukhamedov EDO and just sold/moved to Iran?

overscan said:
The next time we heard anything was 1998. A single page article on the trainer/light fighter design, substantially developed and now called "Integral" (M-AT), was published in Flieger Revue. Powered by a single non-afterburning RD-33, it was aimed at the Yak-130 / MiG-AT.

This design later popped up in Iran as the "Shafagh", with a ventral intake version also studied.

The M-ATF 001 in the Flieger Revue article ( the dark colored model), it seems to be twin engined (with flat nozzles?). Any idea as of what kind of ( presumably small for an aircraft this size) flat nozzled engines were suposed to be used? I assume this is one of the M-ATF variations ( possibly first , the ones with a single RD-33 coming later ?)

Also the Integral-2010 LFS design seems to be a twin engined , flat nozzled aircraft aswell. What engines were there to be used?

Many thanks. :)

Here is a series of composite images created from the patent for the A3x70 and its proposed variants:
  • A3x70 basic configuration
  • A3x70/SNA passenger aircraft
  • A3x70/MJ cargo aircraft
  • A3x70/SA tanker aircraft
  • A3x70/SHU firefighting aircraft
  • A3x70/SS electronic warfare aircraft

CONFIGURATION FOR AN AIRCRAFT OPERATING ON CRYOGENIC FUEL
Application: 2011124231/11, 16.06.2011
Effective date for property rights:
Date of filing:
Date of publication:
20.12.2012 Bull. 35
Inventor(s):
Mukhamedov Fatidin Abdurakhmanovich (RU)
Proprietor(s): Mukhamedov Fatidin Abdurakhmanovich (RU), Jurgenson Andrej Anatol'evich (RU)

SUBSTANCE:
The aircraft comprises an airframe composed of a disc-like center-section with fuselage nose cone on the side of center-section front hemisphere and payload main compartment at the center of the center section, outer wings, vertical and horizontal tail units.
  • Aircraft is equipped with all-moving horizontal tail unit.
  • Cryogenic fuel cell is fitted in center-section configuration.
  • Tail compartment is located on the side of center-section tail hemisphere.
EFFECT: increased lifting capacity and flight range.

Patent can be found here online: http://www.findpatent.ru/patent/246/2469915.html

Attachments

• A3x70.gif
    A3x70.gif
    175.9 KB · Views: 162
  • A3x70_SNA.gif
    A3x70_SNA.gif
    162.4 KB · Views: 117
  • A3x70_MJ.gif
    A3x70_MJ.gif
    85.1 KB · Views: 95
  • A3x70_SA.jpg
    A3x70_SA.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 87
  • A3x70_SHU.gif
    A3x70_SHU.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 93
  • A3x70_SS.gif
    A3x70_SS.gif
    73.2 KB · Views: 104
Despite the similar-looking circular center section (and unless I'm mistaken), there is no indication that the A3x70 series is anything more than STOL at best.

For this reason I have split the VTOL Fm-21 from this thread, along with the post on the Bella-1.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19303.0

So bascially - he patented the same wingform for: High angle-of-attack controllability, VTOL fan integration and cryogenic fuel cells?

Three unrelated uses?

Avimimus said:
So bascially - he patented the same wingform for: High angle-of-attack controllability, VTOL fan integration and cryogenic fuel cells?

Three unrelated uses?

It would seem so. I believe the wing shape itself was the object of a separate and earlier patent which I seem to remember seeing, though I wouldn't swear on it. I'll have to do more digging... What is certain is that the patent shown here is clearly about the use of cryogenic fuel and the various ways to organize the payload / passengers / containers within the airframe.

Gentlemen,

I apologize in advance if this would be off topic, mods please feel free to move this where you think it's best fit. As some of you know, there's some chatter these days about a new chinese bomber appearing called H-18, it's not clear yet though whether it's for real or actually just a PS/fake rumour. One of the configurations depicted is this though (see images below). Now that left me jawdropped, and made me think , IF this is real, did mr. Mukhamedov found work in China ? Also, IF this would turn to be real, what are the pros and cons of such configuration for an allegedly supersonic medium range bomber? Just reading a bit above and on the net, it appears this "integral" configuration would offer improved STOL and cruise characteristics among other things? What about cons?

Thank you.

Attachments

• H-X CG 4.jpg
    H-X CG 4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 895
  • H-X CG 3.jpg
    H-X CG 3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 905
  • H-X CG 2.jpg
    H-X CG 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 933
  • H-X CG 1.jpg
    H-X CG 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 954
Until we can see some proper photos of the H-18, we cannot be sure it really exists... But if it does, and if it really is like the blurry image at the bottom, then it most obviously IS a Mukhamedov design! Very interesting because it would not resemble any other existing bomber.

Matej said:
overscan said:
In the period from 1994 to 1999, EDO has developed a technical proposal and preliminary design for training aircraft M-AT/XX1, built a full-size mock airplane and started to produce a working design documentation.

Does it mean that the mockup that we saw in Iranian TV was built in Russia by Mukhamedov EDO and just sold/moved to Iran?

No, it was build in situ.

Patent drawings of Mukhamedov A3x70/SS

Source:
http://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2469915

Attachments

• 2469915-24.jpg
    2469915-24.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 2469915-23.jpg
    2469915-23.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 64
  • 2469915-21.jpg
    2469915-21.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 2469915-22.jpg
    2469915-22.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
Patent drawings for Mukhamedov A3x70/MJ

Source:

Attachments

• 2469915-11.jpg
    2469915-11.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2469915-10.jpg
    2469915-10.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 2469915-12.jpg
    2469915-12.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2469915-13.jpg
    2469915-13.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 55
Patent drawings of Mukhamdedov A3x70SNA

Source:

Attachments

• 2469915-8.jpg
    2469915-8.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2469915-9.jpg
    2469915-9.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 62
One Mukhamedov A3x70SHU is the equivalent of ten Beriev Be-200ChS Emergency Services fire-fighting aircraft.

Source:

Attachments

• 2469915-19.jpg
    2469915-19.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2469915-18.jpg
    2469915-18.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 2469915-20.jpg
    2469915-20.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 66
Triton, I shared these in detail in the Patents section already.

Why not search that section beforehand and simply link to the existing page??

Triton said:
Sorry for the redundancy.

I believe some of your pics are nice additions to the existing posts, but they really should all be located in the same place, don't you think so?

Thanks for the info - it clarifies things a lot. I hadn't realised that the outer wings were all-moving!

Any thoughts on whether this design would've actually performed? It would be interesting to see what drones could do with this configuration.

I hadn't realised that the outer wings were all-moving!
-swivel (angle of attack) trapezoid rotary wing panels.
It would be interesting to see what drones could do with this configuration.

This is not the Vityaz-2000
"Demonstrator" (2010)
UAV / drone version of the training aircraft Shafagh ("Integral"). Changed the wing. The dimension of the aircraft is close to the American X-45 / X-45C
from "Muhamedov - Aviation designer XXI century"

Attachments

• Resize .jpg
    Resize .jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 342
So, Fatidin Abdurahmanovich Muhamedov died in 2013 but his company lives on, apparently, as does the disc wing shape.

http://www.mukhamedov-aircraft.com/nachalis_raboti_po_proektu_fm_5.html

Began work on a preliminary design of a light aircraft vertical takeoff and landing Fm-5. Currently, refined layout and design parameters of the project and formed work plans.

Draft Fm-5 - the aircraft vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), which will create an additional gap in the traffic of the country. It uses an integrated aerodynamic configuration: the wing includes a supporting profiled "disk" is ideally suited to accommodate the lift fan.

VTOL aircraft will allow passenger cars to go business class one-dimensional to two-dimensional space and begin to develop the airspace metropolises and cities.

The proposed plane has advantages helicopter (vertical take-off and landing) and aircraft (flight speed of 500-700 km / h), which will provide unloading routes between cities.

Attachments

• fm-51.jpg
    fm-51.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 390
From JAWA 2004/2005.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 292
Here I leave the link to a free interpretation by Motocar of Iranian Shafaq project cutaway

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23005.msg284239.html#msg284239

From L+K 1/1996,

was that the same aircraft,the intake position was different ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 163
This is a project of a multifunctional maneuverable fighter (1988-90), the first experience of Mukhamedov in refining the appearance and optimization of the parameters of a fighter with a new aerodynamic configuration wing "disk + console" - the project was worked out jointly with V. Volodin (GosNIIAS / State Research Institute of Aviation Systems) In 1989, the CC-1 model was purged in the SibNIA wind tunnel ... then there was a variety of "Integrals"

Attachments

• Био8058.jpg
    Био8058.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • MMF-SS-1.jpg
    MMF-SS-1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 130
  • MMF-SS-1 (3v.jpg
    MMF-SS-1 (3v.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Рисунок1.jpg
    Рисунок1.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 162
Sometimes his name was put down on documents and reports as Fatidin Abdurakhman Mukhamedov, or simply Fatidin Mukhamedov.

Mukhamedov OKB CJSC announced the continuation
developments on the introduction of the integrated circuit "Mukhamedov's wing" into civil aviation, representing a combination of overflow, round wing, consoles and V-shaped plumage. Such a scheme can be successfully used in the creation of a multifunctional aviation platform, passenger aircraft and line vertical take-off and landing aircraft. Projects are based on research and inventions created during implementation of previous R&D projects, including model testing in TsAGI and SibNIA wind tunnels, carried out in 1992–2010.

Multifunctional aviation platform A3x70M is an aircraft that is used in a mixture of cryogenic fuel and aviation kerosene as fuel. Several options are being designed: container aircraft, tanker aircraft, firefighter aircraft, electronic warfare aircraft. The ability to quickly change the layout of the cargo compartment will allow airlines, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Emergencies more flexible use of the aircraft fleet by increasing their plaque.

The A3x70P passenger aircraft is similar to the A3x70M design, but has a greater wing elongation. The use of a disc-shaped center section allows you to create a passenger compartment with the effect of a "flying hall" for 200 people and place there double and quadruple cabins that will significantly increase the level of passenger comfort when long flights.

Line of vertical take-off and landing aircraft (VTOL) also based on an integrated circuit with a disc-shaped center section, in the center of which there is a horizontal lifting fan with a diameter more than 3 meters. The high bypass ratio of the fan ensures a low specific take-off load site. This solution made it possible to significantly simplify aircraft control in take-off and landing modes and to obtain a high weight efficiency of the structure combined with high aerodynamic characteristics. In this case, horizontal flight is ensured by a rotary pushing screw, and the salon is located in front of the lifting fan. As conceived by the developers, the widespread introduction of VTOL aircraft will allow air transport to go from one-dimensional space to two-dimensional and proceed to the development of air transportation in megalopolises, increasing the speed movement compared to helicopters. Line of VTOL aircraft includes 5-, 19- and 50-seater aircraft that can provide a flexible transport network between cities, unloading highways.
Source: Velyet MAKS 2011 News - Issue 3

Attachments

• Mukh01.jpg
    Mukh01.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Mukh02.jpg
    Mukh02.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 102
Apparently there's a book on Mukhamedov in Russian with the ISBN 978-5-903389-66-7

Anyone know anything else about it or what's inside?

Attachments

• mukmemoir.jpg
    mukmemoir.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 74
I removed a post with a link to a copy of the book as I am not convinced it is legal to download it.