• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Me 262 - Projects, Pre-Projects And Variants

sgeorges4

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
what do you think about those drawing?

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=1530

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
So this was a real B2a concept?! :eek:
If your question is about the single-seat Me 262 with radar antennae: there was one such aircraft, but it seems it was a testbed with the radar array on its nose used mainly for aerodynamic testing.
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6994.msg256955.html#msg256955

sgeorges4

Reaction score
My question was for the lenghtned monoplace with radar equipment.

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score

To me, this image shows the short fuselage. The long fuselage 262 appears to have its cockpit over the wing's leading edge, instead of the short fuselage's cockpit which sits in the middle of the centre section.

Also note the position of the under-fuselage tanks. The top image shows the tanks' tails reach as far back as the wing root, where the long fuselage drawing shows the same tanks well clear of the wing root.

sgeorges4

Reaction score
fake?

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/361221-messerschmitt-me-262-c-3a-latest-from-the-heimatsch%C3%BCtzer-iv-series-that-flew/

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
why original nose is dashed for the project under the first one?
Probably to show, how much the nose was lengthened compared to the standard.

sgeorges4 said:
... and can anyone give a larger picture of those project(I have some problem for reading what's write on them)?
.. and another good reason to mention the source (but I just asked once or twice ...) ! ::)
It's much easier, if you don't have to browse through several books. I was lucky, Hugh Morgans "Me 262 Sturmvogel/Schwalbe"
was the second one.
What's a bit strange is, that those drawings are on paper with the logo of the Deutsche Lufthansa. Perhaps paper with
the Messerschmitt logo was sold out ? Or the Lufthansa staff used his spare time to put some ideas on paper ?

Attachments

sgeorges4

Reaction score
Thanks! Just want to know If those Mohr drawing are based on something real or not.
Thanks for your answer!
And for the lufthansa logo,It's seem that the first example where suppose to be create in the Berlin-
Staaken workshops of Deutsche Lufthansa from what I can understand in this book:

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
Thanks! Just want to know If those Mohr drawing are based on something real or not.
Thanks for your answer!
And for the lufthansa logo,It's seem that the first example where suppose to be create in the Berlin-
Staaken workshops of Deutsche Lufthansa from what I can understand in this book:
Yes, see p44.

sgeorges4

Reaction score
Just want to know if a all weather or nightfighter monoplace version where at least consider by messerschmitt,and If so any drawing/description of them?
Thank for your answer!

Grzesio

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
chemnitzer27kb.blogspot.com
sgeorges4 said:
fake?

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/361221-messerschmitt-me-262-c-3a-latest-from-the-heimatsch%C3%BCtzer-iv-series-that-flew/
I'd say the photo is real, just showing a Me 262 A-1/2 with solid fuelled RATO units, not the Me 262 C-3 Heimatschuetzer.

newsdeskdan

Reaction score
sgeorges4 said:
Just want to know if a all weather or nightfighter monoplace version where at least consider by messerschmitt,and If so any drawing/description of them?
Thank for your answer!
Not that I know of, and not that I think has ever been written about by anyone (happy to be proven wrong if someone else can think of a book which mentions one!). It seems unlikely, since the pilot would have been severely overloaded if required to operate the radar unit while also flying the aircraft, managing the navigation, radio etc. on their own in darkness. And why bother when a two-seater conversion of the Me 262 wasn't that difficult?

sgeorges4

Reaction score
any drawing of the Fug 350 in the me 262 B1a/U1 nose?

newsdeskdan

Reaction score
The original drawing that the re-draw on p753 of Smith & Creek's Me 262 Volume 4 is based on, plus a sketch from the same set of drawings, showing two different arrangements of the rear-set engine nacelle in profile. Other sketches in the set, which I don't think Smith & Creek show, include an Me 262 with delta-wing configuration and Arado-style crescent wing.

Attachments

sienar

Reaction score
newsdeskdan said:
Me 262 with delta-wing configuration and Arado-style crescent wing.
Wow! Will this make it into your next volume?

fightingirish

Reaction score
From Flugzeug Classic Extra 2019.
Dear members,
who either understand German or live in Germany,
this bookazine "Flugzeug Classic Extra - Messerschmitt Me 262" will be published in followings days here in Germany according to my local newsagent at the main train station, who I asked yesterday after work on my way home. It might be laid out over the weekend before the official publishing date next Monday on Septemter 9th, 2019.
Link: https://verlagshaus24.de/messerschmitt-me-262

edwest

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
It looks like it will be worth getting.

Last edited:

edwest

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Product information "Aircraft Classic Extra"
The Me 262 was the first mass-produced jet fighter in the world. and its emergence was sometimes as adventurous as its Einsatzgeschchte. In the first part of its new series, Aircraft Classic tells the story of the wonder jet from the early planning stage to the almost production-ready V-pattern. The magazine offers previously unpublished drawings and a wealth of rare footage.
product details
  • ISBN: 9783862459742
  • Appears on 09.09.2019
  • GeraMond Verlag
  • 100 pages
  • about 150 pictures
  • Format 21.0 x 28.0 cm
  • Perfect Bound

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted Hesham's post. It contained lots of great pics from the Aircraft Classic Extra above. A PDF of the magazine is already being distributed online illegally before the magazine hits the news stands. we should not encourage this. If you are interested please buy a legitimate copy.

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Sorry for that my dear Paul,

I don't read any date on it,so I thought it published early this year.