Kamov Projects

1. Ka-50 - interceptor project. 2006.
2. Ka-50 - first option for placement on ships. 1991.
Additional images Ka-50I - the Ka-50 anti-UAV and anti-helicopter version.

Attachments

• DDzEtCYeNTAU-B0CtVjGmH7k_3qSAM0lFysRXZlSrbFrKB2h-njuAyqh9l_aGJ6foLFkem456t1npbz025OcO0eE.jpg
    DDzEtCYeNTAU-B0CtVjGmH7k_3qSAM0lFysRXZlSrbFrKB2h-njuAyqh9l_aGJ6foLFkem456t1npbz025OcO0eE.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 526
  • KXxR53TGpr_g0_RvuCLDU9CRMmBO07Ug2VOC2PljFo8JWcsyOkkzBaGHO1jQEM0Fda89ZwiiYevUpjXbb4TCzeET.jpg
    KXxR53TGpr_g0_RvuCLDU9CRMmBO07Ug2VOC2PljFo8JWcsyOkkzBaGHO1jQEM0Fda89ZwiiYevUpjXbb4TCzeET.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 458
Probably not? They did try mounting R-77 on the Su-25 - but it would have carried a large external radar pod to do so!
Technically, one could use R-77 not unlike R-73 because it does have it's own active seeker. R-27 could also be launched, but only an IR variant ( if guys in Yemen could launch it from a truck an d actually shoot down an UAV, why couldn't an helo with proper wiring from manufacturer?).
R-27R shown on picture is out of question, though, not w/o proper radar. Unless there is a pod verison of Kopyo in the other side that was proposed for Su-25TM.

If I recall correctly, the R-27T/R-27ET requires external cooling for the seeker - so that might require more extensive modifications.

The use of an active radar missile is actually something of an interesting idea - as the low launch speed of a helicopter would mean that the kinetic likely range wouldn't be meaningfully greater than the acquisition range of the missile's own radar.

P.S. I find the asymmetric load of the kopyo an amusing image. Not likely obviously, but still definitely worthy of imagination.

What was this ?,

Oh, even my text from the site alternative history ended up here))
Yes, this is a development of the Ka-26 and Ka-27 line
Quite logical, but it did not make sense due to competition with the Mi-8.
In the Soviet Union everything was interconnected. Consider the country a big corporation.
And the dispersal of production forces was not allowed. Airplanes and helicopters were built in each segment exclusively one type for one task.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a fictional helicopter. Kamov Design Bureau never seriously designed a stealth helicopter. But in the 90s, a company producing model vehicles (Zvezda Company, the main such manufacturer in Russia) decided to release a fictional stealth helicopter, an analogue of the Comanche. But this is fiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fictional helicopter. Kamov Design Bureau never seriously designed a stealth helicopter. But in the 90s, a company producing model vehicles (Zvezda Company, the main such manufacturer in Russia) decided to release a fictional stealth helicopter, an analogue of the Comanche. But this is fiction.

Quite aware of that, merely noting a vague resemblance.

Я это прекрасно осознаю, просто замечаю смутное сходство.
Понято дело сходство есть, каманч был довольно известен и разрекламирован уже)

50 years of N.I. Kamov Design Bureau - Vol. 1. / Aviation and Cosmonautics Center LLC, - Moscow 1999.

Attachments

• 1720967262916.png
    1720967262916.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 1720967301388.png
    1720967301388.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 30