athpilot

Fly me to the moon...
Reaction score
This book is written by the german Winkler-Researcher Reinhard Sagner. He focuses on the technical asprects of Winkler´s work in and for the Junkers Company in Dessau in the time between 1929 and 1939, when Winkler left Junkers for the Luftfahrtforschungsanstalt Braunschweig. The author has used new and unknown sources, e.g. documents form the family or from the archives of the Deutsche Museum in Munich as well as from the Hermann-Oberth-Museum in Feucht. Things that were new to me are for example, that Junkers did tests with solid-fueld rockets since 1914 and from july 1928 onwards also with liquid-fueld rockets. And these test and developement did not stopped in 1938 (as a common belief) at Junkers. Another new fact to me is, that Winkler prlonged his contract of employment in 1932 to participate in Doepps project of the "Rückstoss-Flugzeug-Jäger" (rocket powered fighter); see the attached images. This little fighter was supposed to use 5 liquid rocket motors the get to a hight of about 15 kilometres. Flight endurance was expected to be ca 10 minutes. The cockpit could have been dropped in case of emergency and the mx. speed was about 1080 kph. It took off vertically. Its purpose was to fight enemy bombers from above with guns.
The author plans for three additional ebooks for "further reading" as he calls it (p. 10). The first one will cover the rocket research and developement at Junkers in the 1914 to 1939 timeframe. The second volume is devoted to Johannes Winkler and the Dessau Rockets HW 1 and HW 2 (1931 - 1932). And the third ebook will be about the Research done by Winkler at the Luftfahrtfoschungsanstalt (Aeronautical Research Institute) in Braunschweig until 1945 and the time after. For further information see www.winkler-raketenforschung.de

For the table of contents see here: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...olitics-by-dan-sharp.40062/page-2#post-566121 [#69]

410 pages
269 pages
ISBN: 978-3-86761-172-5
price: 29,95 €

Attachments

• Sagner_Winkler.jpg
    Sagner_Winkler.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 42
  • RF_01.jpg
    RF_01.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 44
  • RF_02.jpg