Introduce Yourself

Another new member from the Midwest USA. Have been an aviation and secret project buff since the 80s.
I attended aviation maint school but currently work in wireless as an engineering manager.

As a side note I actually found this site when searching for old copies if International Combat Arms magazine from the 80s.

Ha! I have a collection of those things I bought off ebay years ago. I'd originally bought issues when they were published but they got lost along the way. One day I was hunting for the latest issue in the magazine section of a local grocery store and spotted a book with an interesting white cover named, "The Hunt for the Red October" and bought it on impulse. At the time nobody had heard of Tom Clancy. Brings back memories. :)

Last edited:
Hello All. I'm a US Navy vet. My rate was Aviation Fire Control Technician 1st Class. I worked on the A-6E TRAM/STARM Intruder and spent three years as a flight deck troubleshooter for VA-115. We were forward deployed to Japan and the only squadron in WESTPAC to include STARM Intruders. During my tour we had two successful AGM-78 MISSILE-EX launches.

I'm a researcher and author of rocket and missile scale articles and editor of my sections newsletter, Total Impulse. I found this site while researching the Bendix/Grumman AAM-N-10 Eagle air-to-air missile. There's great material here and appreciate the members that contributed information on it.

Hi There!!!
My name is Luis Alfonso, 58 Years Old and live in Guatemala City. Has a Business Administration Degree and work in the Government Social Development Minister. Like and enjoy a huge lot to read about aviation and build mainly 1/72 plastic models. Thank you very much for let me in here!!!

Hi Guys & Girls,

I am from South Africa, 53-year-old. I spent two years in the Technical service corps in 1986 and was an instructor for the recovery team.

Hello everyone, i am new not much to say. My background is in finance, but i am a military junkie, thus i am here. This is one hell of a forum, i have followed it for a long time.

Greetings All,
My name is Goran and I live in Mostar Bosnia and Herzegowina.
I make color profiles of various planes, maybe I can make some for forums. I am also modeller.

Hi all
My Name is Stefan, live in switzerland. I am 43 years old. I served more than 10 Years as first lieutenant in a anti aircraft batterie. Worked one year in Kosovo KFOR. My interests are swiss airforce, army and the poor swiss navy.

Hello everybody!
I am gilles from France, I am 53 years old,
I come there because I was looking for information about Caudron C561 to built a flying model.
I work for a great car maker wich had build motors for Caudron...
I use to do model car kit.

Hello !
It is from France that I scrutinize the net on everything that flies and I like to share my modest aerological leisure

Hello Everyone, I am Deadlybirds from Brazil. I`m a aviation enthusiast. It`s a pleasure to be part of this group..

Hello everybody, my name is Jason, from Malta. I have loved aircraft since the day I was born, and have read articles in this forum multiple times. Now I believe that it is time to contribute to this site.

Hi! My name is Gena, I live in Moscow. I am interested in marine aviation and not only. I found a lot of interesting things on this site.

Hi All. My name i Ruslan, from Ukraine. I am 43 years old. I make plastic models of aircrafts almost all of my life. Also i am 2D, 3D-designer. My interests in aviation a lot wide and luft`46 one of them.

Hey there! My name is Jack, from Georgia (USA). I'm an Aviation Enthusiast, and particular fan of Seaplanes of all sorts of types
I've come here to potentially educate myself a little more, as well as fill in gaps in my knowledge where I'm left wondering about certain types (as you may see in my upcoming post SoonTM)
I enjoy flight simulators and have restarted my interest in the model-making hobby as of 2020
I plan on entering the aviation industry as a mechanic or engineer one day once I am older, and later potentially join a museum's restoration team

I am Marc, working on Aircarft industry anf my hobbies is Bédélia

Attachments

• bdlogo1.jpg
    bdlogo1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
Hello, I'm Enver,
Originally Yuguslavia. I live in Turkey. I am a mechanical draftsman, I'm dealing with model models.

hi im Marcelo from Argentina, im lawyer, and im modeller
Thank you very much for accepting my membership!!

Hy all!

My name is Florin Mihăilescu-Brăila, I'm from Bucharest, Romania, I'm 65 years old and I'm very interested in aviation, because I build kits in 1/48 scale.

Welcome Florian, hope you could find inspiration for your models

Regards
Antonio

Hello all,

My name is Nick Wagner. I am from Phoenix (USA), and I am 27 years old. I am interested in learning more about military avionics for a presentation I'm giving on spectrum sharing.

Hi, Alistair from the UK. Joined to be able access images and ideas as I've been 3D modelling and printing some UK never made planes. Image attached of a current work in progress the "Design with engines in nacelles" from the RAE paper, An Investigation into an Aircraft to Fly at a Mach Number of 2, Aero.2462 that led to the drawing up of the Bristol 188

Nice. Here's the same RAE design with various armament options from AVIA 06 19287 (Defence against Bombers by Mach 2 fighters). And welcome :)

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    488.8 KB · Views: 24
I'm Sergei Bendin aka Aerocrat. Professinal journalist/publicist, marketing consultant and also enthusiast of the any aeronaut projects. My field is new age transpor airship providing. I am leding the Aerocrat group in facebook desk. Now me as CEO of the Aerosmena project are interested to realize of the cargo lenticular airship 60...200...600 tinnes payload with thermical ballasting concept.View attachment 620511

Hi Sergei...welcome aboard !

I study fluid dynamics and mechanics at the moment and constructing a third vertical axis wind mill prototype.

After that I will try to build a solar powered AC.

Hi everybody,

I am a theoretical physicist working in defense. I am eager to learn about new technologies. I hope in a fruitful exchange in this site.

Hello dears,

My name is Sebastian, I live in Argentina and I'm 45 years old. I am very interested in the secret projects of the US and the USSR during the cold war, especially the planes that never were.

I hope to contribute with information on the many aeronautical projects of my country that failed to materialize

Greetings,
I am happy to now be a part of this group. I look forward to conversations and the sharing of ideas and gaining insights to lost projects, good or bad. I am a 20+ navy vet with a long history in weapons, tactics, and study. I am finishing up my masters in this field. You will likely be shocked to find that I am an avid building of military models and military researcher.
Again, I look forward to my experiences here.
V/R

Hello!

I've stumbled upon this group while looking into some post WW2 era planes. I look forward to learning about lesser known projects and its related discussions. While I don't have any past service history, I do take a lot of time studying and reading upon materials with great interest.

To put it short, I am simply an enthusiast from South Korea looking to learn more about past projects that never ended up being popular or known.

Hi all,
I am Luke from Czech rep. I interisting for Luftwaffe aircraft. Age 42 year,fanatic modeler in scale 1/72 :)

Hi all,
I'm french, 54, mecanical enginner.
Found of WW2, tanks and jets.

Hi, my name is Eugene, I am Russian, I am 35 years old. Since childhood, a lover of military equipment and history.
(I speak English poorly, so I write through a translator).

Mike "Starbaby" Pietrucha, Col, USAF. Experienced fighter/Attack aviator (Electronic Warfare Officer) with 1700 hours in the F-4G and F-15E, 500 hours of it combat time over 156 missions. 2.5 SAM kills (SA-3). Military history major.

Mike "Starbaby" Pietrucha, Col, USAF. Experienced fighter/Attack aviator (Electronic Warfare Officer) with 1700 hours in the F-4G and F-15E, 500 hours of it combat time over 156 missions. 2.5 SAM kills (SA-3). Military history major.

Welcome Mike! I’ve enjoyed your writing for a long time and am glad to have you aboard.
Wow. I'm glad somebody reads it. No secret projects in my writing, I'm afraid. Only obscure ones.

It can be. The F-4G Wild Weasels were dedicated radar killers, and all of the backseaters were EWOs. We went through a special school with no windows and a lot of study demands. Obviously, the subject matter included a lot about radars (hence my interest in Overscan's Guide). In addition to the academics, we had live low-level flight and electronic warfare simulators for the RC-135, EF-111A and B-52. Later on in the F-15E, I ended up learning a lot about the systems on the Eagle airframes, and I was able to introduce two new capabilities into the European jets.