Introduce Yourself

Hi Guys & Girls,

I am from South Africa, 53-year-old. I spent two years in the Technical service corps in 1986 and was an instructor for the recovery team.
 
Hello everyone, i am new not much to say. My background is in finance, but i am a military junkie, thus i am here. This is one hell of a forum, i have followed it for a long time.
 
Greetings All,
My name is Goran and I live in Mostar Bosnia and Herzegowina.
I make color profiles of various planes, maybe I can make some for forums. I am also modeller.
 
Hi all
My Name is Stefan, live in switzerland. I am 43 years old. I served more than 10 Years as first lieutenant in a anti aircraft batterie. Worked one year in Kosovo KFOR. My interests are swiss airforce, army and the poor swiss navy.
 
Hello everybody!
I am gilles from France, I am 53 years old,
I come there because I was looking for information about Caudron C561 to built a flying model.
I work for a great car maker wich had build motors for Caudron...
I use to do model car kit.
 
Hello !
It is from France that I scrutinize the net on everything that flies and I like to share my modest aerological leisure
 
Hello everybody, my name is Jason, from Malta. I have loved aircraft since the day I was born, and have read articles in this forum multiple times. Now I believe that it is time to contribute to this site.
 
Hi! My name is Gena, I live in Moscow. I am interested in marine aviation and not only. I found a lot of interesting things on this site.
 
Hi All. My name i Ruslan, from Ukraine. I am 43 years old. I make plastic models of aircrafts almost all of my life. Also i am 2D, 3D-designer. My interests in aviation a lot wide and luft`46 one of them.
 
I am Marc, working on Aircarft industry anf my hobbies is Bédélia
 

Attachments

  • bdlogo1.jpg
    bdlogo1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I'm Enver,
Originally Yuguslavia. I live in Turkey. I am a mechanical draftsman, I'm dealing with model models.
 
Hy all!

My name is Florin Mihăilescu-Brăila, I'm from Bucharest, Romania, I'm 65 years old and I'm very interested in aviation, because I build kits in 1/48 scale.
 
Welcome Florian, hope you could find inspiration for your models

Regards
Antonio
 
Hello all,

My name is Nick Wagner. I am from Phoenix (USA), and I am 27 years old. I am interested in learning more about military avionics for a presentation I'm giving on spectrum sharing.
 
Hi, Alistair from the UK. Joined to be able access images and ideas as I've been 3D modelling and printing some UK never made planes. Image attached of a current work in progress the "Design with engines in nacelles" from the RAE paper, An Investigation into an Aircraft to Fly at a Mach Number of 2, Aero.2462 that led to the drawing up of the Bristol 188

Nice. Here's the same RAE design with various armament options from AVIA 06 19287 (Defence against Bombers by Mach 2 fighters). And welcome :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    488.8 KB · Views: 28
I'm Sergei Bendin aka Aerocrat. Professinal journalist/publicist, marketing consultant and also enthusiast of the any aeronaut projects. My field is new age transpor airship providing. I am leding the Aerocrat group in facebook desk. Now me as CEO of the Aerosmena project are interested to realize of the cargo lenticular airship 60...200...600 tinnes payload with thermical ballasting concept.View attachment 620511
https://aircargoeye.com/russias-cargo-airship-not-just-hot-air/
 
Hi Sergei...welcome aboard !

I study fluid dynamics and mechanics at the moment and constructing a third vertical axis wind mill prototype.

After that I will try to build a solar powered AC.
 
Hi everybody,

I am a theoretical physicist working in defense. I am eager to learn about new technologies. I hope in a fruitful exchange in this site.
 
Hello dears,

My name is Sebastian, I live in Argentina and I'm 45 years old. I am very interested in the secret projects of the US and the USSR during the cold war, especially the planes that never were.

I hope to contribute with information on the many aeronautical projects of my country that failed to materialize
 
Greetings,
I am happy to now be a part of this group. I look forward to conversations and the sharing of ideas and gaining insights to lost projects, good or bad. I am a 20+ navy vet with a long history in weapons, tactics, and study. I am finishing up my masters in this field. You will likely be shocked to find that I am an avid building of military models and military researcher.
Again, I look forward to my experiences here.
V/R
 
Hello!

I've stumbled upon this group while looking into some post WW2 era planes. I look forward to learning about lesser known projects and its related discussions. While I don't have any past service history, I do take a lot of time studying and reading upon materials with great interest.

To put it short, I am simply an enthusiast from South Korea looking to learn more about past projects that never ended up being popular or known.
 
Hi all,
I am Luke from Czech rep. I interisting for Luftwaffe aircraft. Age 42 year,fanatic modeler in scale 1/72 :)
 
Hi, my name is Eugene, I am Russian, I am 35 years old. Since childhood, a lover of military equipment and history.
(I speak English poorly, so I write through a translator).
 
Mike "Starbaby" Pietrucha, Col, USAF. Experienced fighter/Attack aviator (Electronic Warfare Officer) with 1700 hours in the F-4G and F-15E, 500 hours of it combat time over 156 missions. 2.5 SAM kills (SA-3). Military history major.
 
Mike "Starbaby" Pietrucha, Col, USAF. Experienced fighter/Attack aviator (Electronic Warfare Officer) with 1700 hours in the F-4G and F-15E, 500 hours of it combat time over 156 missions. 2.5 SAM kills (SA-3). Military history major.

Welcome Mike! I’ve enjoyed your writing for a long time and am glad to have you aboard.
Wow. I'm glad somebody reads it. No secret projects in my writing, I'm afraid. Only obscure ones.
 
It can be. The F-4G Wild Weasels were dedicated radar killers, and all of the backseaters were EWOs. We went through a special school with no windows and a lot of study demands. Obviously, the subject matter included a lot about radars (hence my interest in Overscan's Guide). In addition to the academics, we had live low-level flight and electronic warfare simulators for the RC-135, EF-111A and B-52. Later on in the F-15E, I ended up learning a lot about the systems on the Eagle airframes, and I was able to introduce two new capabilities into the European jets.
 
I do. The Liberty Wing at RAF Lakenheath.
Thanks for the answer. If I may, does that mean in anything that airframe based in Europe are specifics? Or do they have specific systems, like for the theater? This is how I understood your remark.

And b/w welcome here. As you can see already, I am sure your experience will be much appreciated.
 
So I'm not sure I understand the question. The "European" Eagles are F-15C and F-15E based at the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath, also known as the Liberty Wing. They belong to the United States Air Force in Europe (USAFE), which is what we call the "air component" to European Command, or EUCOM. USAREUR (US Army Europe) is the land component to EUCOM, to complete the example.

We used to have F-15s based at Soesterberg in the Netherlands and Bitburg in Germany, but these bases were closed decades ago.

Because the England-based fighters belong to an overseas command, they are not actually managed by the same command (Air Combat Command) that has all of the US-based fighters.
 
Oops! Didn't see the New Members forum. I am 65 years old, have never piloted, but have flown as passenger on many aircraft. My father worked for Boeing as a draftsman, and started a model-aircraft club in Vancouver BC that grew and developed many competitions. When I was young, some way or another, there was aircraft talk, with balsa wood, glue, rice paper and structures in the building. Health problems precluded getting a license, so I started studying history. I was a bit of a "hangar rat" and FBO's got to recognize me at a few airfields. Oh, did I mention going to the Abbottsford Air Show seventeen years in a row? I probably have about 70 bound books, and a check right now shows 34, 467 aircraft files in 1, 855 computer folders. Just a bit.

I am most interested in non-military craft. Any timeframe if it's Canadian, and then early aircraft; from the very beginning up to 1940. Also airships; anything ya got. Gotta go. It's a start.

Happiness comes in on wings.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom