• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Introduce Yourself

galgot

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
Better late than never.

I’m Gaël, one monkey standing on his two back legs (when sober).
Been doing lots of computer aided doodling (it’s cleaner) for a living.
have a lot of interest for things metallic with wings. And old Mac laptops.
This place is beautiful.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Better late than never.

I’m Gaël, one monkey standing on his two back legs (when sober).
Been doing lots of computer aided doodling (it’s cleaner) for a living.
have a lot of interest for things metallic with wings. And old Mac laptops.
This place is beautiful.
Also the guy who made the awesome render used as the forum header.

thjakits

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Thomas Jakits, I am from Austria and I am living in Panama for the last 27 years. I have a beautiful family with 2 kids and now 2 dogs!
I have a Mechanical Engineering background, but for the last 25 years I make a living flying helicopters....
I came to SECRET ("INTERESTING") projects, via a Facebook post...
A chance encounter with Horten Wings got me started in "non-traditional/classic/conformist" aircraft designs and things "got worse" from there on!! :)

Frankly - I find "stock" boring - I am always looking to "improve/modify/simplify" something and anything.....

Nowadays I am also interested in Aquaponics (I believe the future food supply will depend in one way or the other on Aquaponics or similar system eventually...), Alternative/Renewable Energy, anything that moves (Cars, Trucks, bikes, boats - I find the progress in sailing technology in the last few years absolutely fantastic!), I like the idea to build a SKOOLIE! (Google it up! Warning - this stuff is addictive!)

I am following general politics and of course have my own opinions.....

Okay - now getting started in sifting through all the secrets on this forum!! :)

Cheers,
Thomas

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome thjakits !
Good to have people with real flying experience here in the forum !
Enjoy sifting through here, but take care, that really could cost a lot of time ! ;)

All the best

Jens

Desertfox

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
I should introduce myself, long time lurker, only been posting regularly in the last month or so. I'm a 30yo aerospace engineer from Arizona, now working for Lockheed in California. Currently working on missile defense related project after a stint as a ballistic missile analyst. Love everything aviation, space, sea, and history related, especially when it relates to unbuilt projects and alternate history. Hoping to get involved in exotic/nuclear space propulsion once we get serious again about space exploration. Once upon a time I used to fly gliders (Schweitzer 2-33s) hoping to get back into flying again.

Vasily41

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a 15 year old American with a reasonable amount of Ukranian and German blood in myself. I love and document Soviet/Russian aviation, military, and technology tremendously and have actually lurked from outside the forum for roughly 3 years before joining from sheer enthusiasm. I also like flight simulators like War Thunder and Simple Planes.

I am religious, though I will keep that to myself as part of the forum rules.

SafinumNerf

Reaction score
Hi,

my name is Mario Santi. I'm 70 y.o. and live in Rome, Italy. I am a retired air force officer, and I'm interested in aircraft technology, especially of the period 1930-1970.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

my name is Mario Santi. I'm 70 y.o. and live in Rome, Italy. I am a retired air force officer, and I'm interested in aircraft technology, especially of the period 1930-1970.
Welcome, Mario.

merkmuds

Reaction score
Hello there, I've been lurking on the forum for quite a while. Glad to have finally joined.

MKelly

Reaction score
Hello, Mike Kelly here. I"m a retired USAF aero/astro test engineer and program manager. Been an aviation buff since watching F-100s and OV-1s fly the pattern over the local Army base in the early 1970s. I'm a stick-and-tissue free-flight scale modeler active with the Flying Aces Club, and am always looking for ideas and inspiration for the next build. Pictured is a Megow Grumman Skyrocket, done up as a "what-if" inline-engined version as drawn in the August 1940 Model Airplane News.0227 Finished Skyrocket with MAN Drawing Small.JPG

MKelly

Reaction score
That's a beautiful model :)
Thanks - it flies, but the props tend to break on most landings. One of these days I need to carve some two-bladers for it, that should dramatically increase the duration of the flights. Video at:

Mike

PropellerGuy

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm in my mid forties living in the United States. I'm a degreed Engineer and I've worked in aerospace development my entire adult life. I'm particularly interested in aircraft propellers, and propeller aircraft development. I've got a decent archive of propeller information gleaned from personal connections, years of watching E-bay, and visiting various archives.